PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to start...

SRM
10-3-11, 5:35pm
I do not think I like forums. There is too much to look at. Too much to read. I guess I even need my media to be simple. Anyway, I dove into this forum anyway to see if I could find a mentor. I really want to start a simple lifestyle and my ultimate goal is to move to a community that will support that too. I am married with two kids. I was hoping to find another mom like me that is successful at simple living so I can model my beginnings after her. Is there anyone out there listening fit this description that is willing to help? Thanks so much!

fidgiegirl
10-3-11, 6:51pm
Welcome, SRM! I am probably not the person for you, but I did want to extend a warm welcome. In things like forums and all things Internet, I try hard to remember that I can't do everything. Choose what speaks to you now and go for it. Glad you are here!

Mrs-M
10-3-11, 7:26pm
Welcome, SRM! There are a magnitude of successful simple living moms on this forum, and as far as finding a community that will support your endeavors, well, you've found it!

P.S. While I don't have the time to converse on a personal one-on-one basis, I am always here, regularly, daily, and am open and accepting of the idea of taking you under my wing wherever and whenever I can. i.e. Wherever/whenever I can as in the important things that matter to you and the areas where you want to learn or need help/advice. :)

Sissy
10-3-11, 7:36pm
P.S. While I don't have the time to converse on a personal one-on-one basis, I am always here, regularly, daily, and am open and accepting of the idea of taking you under my wing wherever and whenever I can. i.e. Wherever/whenever I can as in the important things that matter to you and the areas where you want to learn or need help/advice. :)

SRM, this is quite an offer. I don't think you can go wrong with Mrs. M :)

Mrs-M
10-3-11, 7:39pm
Awww, Sissy, you just made my day! So kind you are. :)

Marianne
10-3-11, 8:35pm
That really was nice! And so true, too! You're a peach, Mrs-M!

And welcome to the forum, SRM !

Float On
10-3-11, 8:45pm
Extending a welcome as well.
Curious if your husband is on board - does he have the same goals? It can be hard to plan ahead for your simple life if the husband always needs the latest and greatest gadget or whatnot.

Read whatever forums you like. It can seem overwhelming but most like this one have a "recent posts" tab at the top. That way it's easy to check on what topics have been added or discussed since your last visit.

Most of us are on different levels and different goals of simplicity but we all love to talk!

Rosemary
10-3-11, 9:57pm
Welcome, SRM. I'm another simple living mom on the forum. You'll find so much useful information here, and such a knowledgeable group! Seriously, people here can answer almost anything.

Sad Eyed Lady
10-3-11, 10:32pm
Yep, Mrs. M - she's your lady.

Bastelmutti
10-4-11, 9:19am
Welcome! I am also married with two kids. In terms of the simple living lifestyle, I think it depends on what you mean by "simple" - our community here ranges from city people to country people, w/kids to w/out kids, pets to no pets, high income to low income, stay-at-home moms to working moms, media lovers to those without TVs and cell phones, extroverts to introverts, lots of activities by choice to those who prefer solitude. There's really a wide range of people here! For instance, DH and I have made career choices to maximize time with the family at the expense of income, but also fill our lives with many activities. To others, that wouldn't be simple. Maybe start by painting a picture of what your ideal simple life looks like and then start looking for resources here.