PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe how the amount of traffic has gone up.

CathyA
10-6-11, 4:41pm
Is it that way where you are too? Its been slowly building back up, ever since the downturn in the economy.
I sort of liked it when there wasn't so much traffic. When I ride on the interstate, its almost all semis.........which I don't like being in the middle of.

Stacy
10-10-11, 11:35am
We have always had heavy traffic in our town. I would have thought it would have gone down, with the economic downturn, but it's just as heavy as ever. More people are riding bikes, though.
I'm wondering if part of it is because more people are working 2-3 part-time jobs and have to drive from one to the other, instead of staying in one place all day.

pinkytoe
10-10-11, 2:37pm
Absolutely crazy crowded traffic where I live and we have hundreds moving here monthly so it will only get more so. I guess the price of gas has gone below that point where people pull in the reins.

San Onofre Guy
10-10-11, 3:57pm
I have noticed less traffic here in Southern California, so much so that my former mantra I don't drive freeways during the week, is no longer. I often find the freeway quicker than surface streets and my commute is only 7 miles. I also like having traffic maps on my BlackBerry so I can decide which route to take.

ctg492
10-24-11, 6:54pm
Detriot/Novi area traffic, During the first part of the down turn a few years ago, traffic slowed. Now the traffic is back to normal as it was before.

Gardenarian
10-24-11, 6:56pm
haven't noticed any change in traffic here in the SF Bay Area - always busy.

reader99
10-24-11, 8:30pm
I certainly am free to go somewhere during the day, where before when I was working I would have gone to work and stayed there, and gone right home afterwards, exhausted.

pinkytoe
10-24-11, 8:37pm
I have noticed less traffic here in Southern California
I think they all moved to Texas...never seen so many CA plates!!