PDA

View Full Version : Enlightenment guess

Xmac
10-9-11, 3:06am
I have a guess as to an element of what it is like to be Enlightened.

Imagine you get a video game and it involves some kind of objective like racing your car home quickly enough to meet Buddha... :)

Anyway, it is so realistic, it looks EXACTLY like it does when you drive your own car now. The realism blows you away you can't believe how cool it is. That's it. Because...

It is said that the mundane and ordinary seems extraordinary to those who are "awake".

That's my theory.

Acorn
10-9-11, 4:26am
“By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist.” - Miyamoto Musashi

Xmac
10-27-11, 7:40pm
Just heard another way of putting it:
The background becomes the foreground and the foreground becomes the background.

Gardenarian
11-2-11, 7:41pm
Do you mean that when you are enlightened you are blown away because you can't believe how cool reality is?

Stacy
11-2-11, 7:47pm
I would think that enlightenment would be when you realize you don't have to race home to meet Buddha, because you ARE the Buddha.

leslieann
11-2-11, 8:37pm
Nice thread!

Xmac
11-3-11, 11:42am
Do you mean that when you are enlightened you are blown away because you can't believe how cool reality is?

Yes, but it blows you away because you see that reality is just one possible virtual reality, just like the most amazing video game or virtual reality simulator. It is so convincing you that you're afraid to play it so you pause it and someone has to talk you into just having fun with it. The movie The Surrogates is an example, but the two levels of realism are distinct. In my example you can't tell the difference.

Xmac
11-3-11, 11:45am
I would think that enlightenment would be when you realize you don't have to race home to meet Buddha, because you ARE the Buddha.

You definitely "realize" you don't have to but you want to because it's fun. You are awake to the dream not from it.

DonkaDoo
11-5-11, 12:13pm
I imagine that enlightenment is what it feels like to be on a great dosage of shrooms. I would LOVE to feel like I was on shrooms all of the time. But how does one feel enlightenment without psilocybin? I have had brief, very brief moments with meditation. But I prefer enlightenment experienced with others as opposed to being by myself.

Xmac
11-5-11, 9:51pm
I imagine that enlightenment is what it feels like to be on a great dosage of shrooms. I would LOVE to feel like I was on shrooms all of the time. But how does one feel enlightenment without psilocybin? I have had brief, very brief moments with meditation. But I prefer enlightenment experienced with others as opposed to being by myself.

I know exactly what you mean about shrooms, I did them for the first time (and possibly last time) last year. Meditating alone after eating them was mind blowing, it was like looking under the hood of reality! I used to have a slight bit of contempt and disregard for those that suggested there was any spiritual benefit in them (like Terrence McKenna). Now, get it.