PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Mean Hay Fever

Jemima
10-9-11, 2:08pm
Anyone else really suffering from pollen allergies this year? I certainly am. My left sinus is so stuffed up I can barely keep my balance at times and I'm chronically tired and irritable.

If you're an allergy sufferer, I'd appreciate any tips you may have. So far, I've tried prescription allergy meds, OTC allergy meds, lots of tea, a particular cordial made by Jacquins that's effective for colds, spicy hot food, and lots of rest, but nothing is working. :sick:

chord_ata
10-9-11, 2:18pm
Lots of sleep at night, three hour naps during the day, when necessary. That seems to give me the immunity reserves and energy reserves to cope when I am actually awake.

I've given up on the allergy meds since they don't make a material enough impact.

Miss Cellane
10-9-11, 2:20pm
Have you tried a Neti pot? Or at least a saline spray?

The Neti pot really unblocks my stuffed up nose, and my ears, which also get blocked when my allergies are bad.

My daily routine this time of year is: Allegra (OTC antihistamine) every night and Neti pot every morning, and drinking lots and lots of water. Occasionally some Mucinex decongestant if things get really, really stuffy.

Jemima
10-9-11, 2:55pm
I meant to list saline spray, but in my grogginess I forgot. It does help, but I'm still praying for an early frost. :sick: