PDA

View Full Version : Furniture by Borkholder

dado potato
10-11-11, 1:04pm
I was looking at website info on the "Gathering Table" and ladderback side chairs made by the Borkholder Corp, of Nappanee IN.

I wonder if any you good people can give an owner-review on their furniture. I understand their furniture is custom-made to order, and they have been in business since the 1840s...

Tweety
10-11-11, 7:36pm
I don't know about Borkholder specifically, but I live in the area and know that the Amish-made furniture from Nappanee companies has a great reputation for quality.

sweetana3
10-12-11, 9:30am
I have gone to Shipshewana many times and drooled over the furniture of www.shipshewanafurniture.com. They have a huge store right in the middle of town. I love how the furniture feels (smooth as silk), how the drawers move (with the touch of a feather), etc. But my furniture is fine for us and how hard we are on it so I never bought any.

I dont have specific knowledge of any but the above and the others I have seen are good quality.

shawntheweaver
1-29-13, 1:38am
I have heard positive remarks for their furniture range too. They are reputable for their high quality products and their doors of the furniture do not creak and neither do their drawers. They are a trusted brand and their products last for a fairly long time.

dado potato
1-29-13, 11:15pm
We went ahead and ordered a table and 8 chairs. We have had it for a while now, and are very satisfied with it. We specified the type of oak and the shape of chairs we wanted... so possibly your mileage will vary.