PDA

View Full Version : Mainstream Media Silence Is Deafening Re Right to Carry Supreme Court Decision

Jemima
10-14-11, 11:09am
The lamestream media has apparently omitted reporting on the results of the Supreme Court striking down gun control laws in Chicago and D.C.:

"Murder and violent crime rates were supposed to soar after the Supreme Court struck down gun control laws in Chicago and Washington, D.C.

Politicians predicted disaster. "More handguns in the District of Columbia will only lead to more handgun violence," Washington’s Mayor Adrian Fenty warned the day the court made its decision.

Chicago’s Mayor Daley predicted that we would "go back to the Old West, you have a gun and I have a gun and we'll settle it in the streets . . . ."

The New York Times even editorialized this month about the Supreme Court's "unwise" decision that there is a right for people "to keep guns in the home."

But Armageddon never happened. Newly released data for Chicago shows that, as in Washington, murder and gun crime rates didn't rise after the bans were eliminated -- they plummeted. They have fallen much more than the national crime rate.

Not surprisingly, the national media have been completely silent about this news."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/09/30/media-silence-is-deafening-about-important-gun-news/#ixzz1aljz0bYz

razz
10-14-11, 8:35pm
What were you expecting to hear from the media moguls who thrive on scandal and sensational reporting?

Alan
10-14-11, 8:47pm
Effective self defense measures are not sensational and they go against the preferred narrative that weapons are offensive tools rather than defensive tools.

Gardenarian
10-17-11, 7:17pm
"lamestream media"!
+1

Zoebird
10-17-11, 9:45pm
personally, i also find fox news to be terribly lame, biased, and usually erroneous. which is why i don't pay attention really to any "mainstream" media -- "left" or "right."

but yes, what the media, in general, doesn't cover is pretty shocking.