PDA

View Full Version : Decompinauts

redfox
10-19-11, 10:52pm
http://www.ted.com/talks/jae_rhim_lee.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_201 1-10-19

This is a brilliant idea... How to safely decompose our toxic bodies after death.

Marianne
10-20-11, 6:55am
Interesting...and it almost creeped me out a bit....

CathyA
10-20-11, 8:26am
VERY interesting! Its always bothered me that when I die, I can't just be eaten by bacteria and go back to the earth.
I am happy that someone is thinking about how we handle/dispose of our dead bodies and trying to do something better.
And I think how we handle our dead reflects our inability to deal with death and how we feel we need to live forever.

redfox
10-20-11, 3:19pm
VERY interesting! Its always bothered me that when I die, I can't just be eaten by bacteria and go back to the earth.
I am happy that someone is thinking about how we handle/dispose of our dead bodies and trying to do something better.
And I think how we handle our dead reflects our inability to deal with death and how we feel we need to live forever.

I totally agree! I signed up to be kept in touch and become a Decompinaut. I have no attachment to the disposition of my body except as a research subject, and much prefer that my remains benefit the earth rather than pollute it. If I could be composted and put back into a garden, that would be my ideal solution.

puglogic
10-22-11, 6:24am
I'd love to be buried deep in the earth and have someone plant a tree above me. By the time I became good compost, the roots would reach me, and my molecules would become part of a life-giving living organism.

CathyA
10-22-11, 9:46am
Yes!