PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy GOOD Towels?

heydude
10-20-11, 3:18pm
So, I returned the Home Target towels as they shed like crazy even after five washes. What towels do you recommend?

JaneV2.0
10-20-11, 3:24pm
I like Costco's, and I also found some Martha Stewart brand (Kmart?) at my local Grocery Outlet that have held up well, with no shedding or shrinkage.

rosarugosa
10-20-11, 6:49pm
LL Bean - although there was some fuzz after the first washing or two, but then they were fine.

domestic goddess
10-20-11, 6:52pm
I've had good luck with towels at Target. We like the bath sheets, and some of theirs are large enough to even fit around me with room to spare! Now, that's a towel!! Yeah, they are a little pricier, but to know I can walk from the bathroom in my towel and no one has to see anything they never wanted to is well worth it.

Tradd
10-20-11, 7:01pm
I've had two huge bath sheets (which I LOVE) from Sears for 6-7 years now. I only have the two big towels (it's just me) and so they get the heck beat out of them, but they're still going great.

I would say Sears, JcPenney.

treehugger
10-20-11, 7:46pm
Towels are one of those areas where I don't mind spending more money, as long as I know I am getting a quality towel that will last for years. Obviously, it can be hard to know which to buy. Just paying more money doesn't guarantee a better towel. And as we have all experienced, even quality brands of yesteryear are not always still quality.

That said, 7.5 years ago we bought new towels from Land's End (online store, also has retail locations inside some Sears) and they are stilling going pretty strong.

Kara

redfox
10-20-11, 9:40pm
Goodwill! All the lint already gone... And at about $3 apiece, my kinda price. I find all kinds of great towels at our GW.

iris lily
10-20-11, 9:50pm
The thickest towels I've ever had were ones that DH brought home from a dumpster. While they were discolored in a bleach accident, they were and are incredibly thick. I don't know where to buy towels like that. I can't tell you the brand, there is no tag on them.

I wash about a dozen towels weekly due to dog messes--dog pee, dirty dog feet, drooling dogs, etc.

Kestrel
10-27-11, 4:44pm
I don't like big fluffy thick towels -- I like the thin-ish ones. I "dry off" after my shower with the wrung-out wash cloth while I'm still in the shower stall, so I'm only damp when I get out. DH likes the thicker towls, so we do have them. I try to get him to use my method because the rug is always wet when he gets out and I don't like to step in that -- so I shower first when I can, using my towel to step onto. Can't remember where I bought my towels -- sometime in the '80s, I know -- and they've held up just fine. Sears, I think, from the catalog. Yeah, I'm sure they're thinner than they were, but that's OK with me. And they're "standard" towel size for that time, not the big huge ones nowadays.

beckyliz
11-3-11, 4:48pm
I found some at Kohls that are made from bamboo! We really like them.

jennipurrr
11-4-11, 11:25am
I bought some Home Accents brand towels at Belk (department store) 3 years ago for a short term rental. They get used and abused on a regular basis. Those towels have held up better than any other brand. They were not expensive, nor were they especially fluffy. They have just been super durable.

Mer05
11-5-11, 10:52am
JC Penneys Linden Street quick-dry towels (http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?ItemId=172e65a&GrpTyp=ENS). They are cotton, come in lots of colors, and go on 50% off sales regularly. I don't have a clothes dryer. These dry quickly and end up fluffy, rather than stiff like most towels after line-drying. They're thinner than standard, but I have not found that a problem. (I don't work for JC Penneys.)