PDA

View Full Version : sick from top to bottom?

Sissy
10-20-11, 5:07pm
Since I have noticed that others on the forum have fibro and fibro related health problems, I have a question:

Do any of you just start feeling bad out of the blue? Like a bit nauseaus, slight headache, maybe your neck will hurt a bit. Then the digestion starts going haywire (heartburn, stomachache/ hurt) or feeling drop dead tired with irregular heartbeats and tight chest. Legs and arms just like lead and achey to walk???? In the end my head starts to throb, my body hurts all over (not just the "trigger spots").

I have had this happen usually later in the day, so that by the time I get home, I literally hit the couch and sometimes don't get up even for supper.

Is this the definition of a "fibro flare"? I can't get any Dr. to talk to me about this. ( this is being discussed on another thread) All I can do is read and ask you guys. I have a brother and aunt who have fibro, but can't get much info from them, either.

shadowmoss
10-21-11, 11:02am
Since I started feeling sooooo much better and the off the wall recurring symptoms seem to have gone away since I am now having so much dental work done, I'm going to suggest you check your dental health. I hadn't really been to a dentist is decades, and now have 4 new crowns, 2 still temporary crowns, and 2 more to go, had 14 cavities in 6 other teeth, and I have 2 others with multiple cavities he is getting to tomorrow. In other words, I had a lot of issues deep down, but none of my other symptoms pointed particularly in that direction. So, take the advice for what it is worth. Oh, I'm in Honduras, so the cost is under $2K so far. I had lots of aches and pains, and mostly just no energy and my mental ability was sinking fast. I now feel like I've woken up.

Sissy
10-21-11, 11:12am
wow! I never have had dental problems, so that didn't even occur to me. I haven't been in years. I really should go for a checkup. I am still reeling from paying for new glasses right now. But will at least go for a checkup soon. I am to the point that I seriously consider any advice. I really hope that I don't have to live this way for the rest of my life. I feel like I miss out on so much.

Thanks, Paula

domestic goddess
10-21-11, 11:16am
I have to say that since menopause, I am better in some respects (who would have thought?). I have lots of aches and pains, and think that will probably never go away. Still don't know if what I have is really fibro; one dr. diagnosed me with it, and the rest have just seemed to go along. I'm not receiving any treatment for it now. The "fibro fog" has just about vanished, or I have had it so long I don't really notice it anymore, but I don't seem to be quite as flaky as I used to be. The palpitations have stopped since I was in the hospital in April, and got my hypertension treated, so they were not apparently related. One day I decided the pain was my excuse to be lazy, so I do try to do more. Sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't, so it is probably not true, though I can be real lazy. If I could just have one pain-free day, I would be so happy!
I don't have any suggestions for you, but I can commiserate. If you find answers, would you let me know?

reader99
10-21-11, 12:24pm
wow! I never have had dental problems, so that didn't even occur to me. I haven't been in years. I really should go for a checkup. I am still reeling from paying for new glasses right now. But will at least go for a checkup soon. I am to the point that I seriously consider any advice. I really hope that I don't have to live this way for the rest of my life. I feel like I miss out on so much.

Thanks, Paula

I got a great bargain on dental checkup and cleaning on Groupon.com

CathyA
10-21-11, 12:43pm
Sissy.......If I may ask.......how old are you?

Sissy
10-21-11, 3:44pm
Sissy.......If I may ask.......how old are you?
I am 56 and went through menopause at 50. I am thinking that is what you are wondering? I have been going thru this stuff for about 3ish years.

CathyA
10-21-11, 3:53pm
If I'm being too personal.....let me know. If you had a surgical menopause, did you have everything removed? Also, I've learned that there is a "group effort", so to speak, between the ovaries, the pituitary and the hypothalamus. Even when women have their ovaries removed early, seems like they still have perimenopausal symptoms until their pituitary and hypothalamus reach the time when natural menopause would have happened.
Also, its not uncommon for a woman to develop hypothyroidism after menopause. Has that level been checked yet?

Sissy
10-21-11, 4:01pm
No, I don't mind the questions. I went through natural menopause. I mean, I sailed through it. No hot flashes even. But as I mentioned I have an aunt with fibro and it really kicked in when she had a total hysterectomy. She developed a severe infection and almost died.

I've noticed that many (most) fibro related conditions happen after an extremely stressful situation, as if the body just can't cope maybe.

I have had my thyroid checked. Checked out ok.

CathyA
10-21-11, 8:10pm
I got fibro after a horrible bout with influenza, and then pneumonia and then ear infections. I also had alot of other unpleasant things happen soon afterwards,(sinus infections, vision problems, sensory neuropathy, IBS, GERD,etc.) This time period sort of merged with perimenopause. I've talked to alot of women who had alot of fibromyalgia symptoms start up during perimenopause.

If this is what you have, the best things are: avoid stress, get good sleep and good nutrition and mild exercise. Take a good multivitamin and supplement with a B complex.
Oh.....that reminds me......alot of women also seem to develop sleep apnea in menopause. I think the lack of hormones can cause our muscles to become lax, and if that happens in our throats, then we have obstructive sleep apnea. Do you snore? Do you wake up a couple times a night to pee?
You should keep sleep apnea in the back of your mind as a possibility.
I started using a cpap machine about 2 and 1/2 years ago, and it made a ton of difference in my energy and in my health in general.

Anne Lee
10-22-11, 7:03pm
This sounds exactly like my son's symptoms the last few days. The DR said it was a low grade virus. I need to keep an eye on this. I know teenage boys usually don't get fibromyalgia but something odd is going on.

Jemima
10-22-11, 7:26pm
I've been feeling sick like that for about six weeks and in my case, it's allergies, specifically to ragweed. It feels like the flu and the only thing that's helped so far is a plain, over-the-counter decongestant I got at Rite Aid (a regional chain like Walgreen's), and a lot of sleep. I hate wasting the fall this way, but that's the way it is. There hasn't been a hay fever season this bad since I moved here eleven years ago. :sick:

Midwife
10-22-11, 7:27pm
You might also consider food sensitivities... Keep a food diary, and see if there is a correlation with some of these symptoms.

pinkytoe
10-22-11, 9:53pm
This is kind of off the wall, but sometimes when I start feeling really lousy, it is simply because I am very dehydrated. A few glasses of water and I really start to feel OK.

Mrs-M
10-23-11, 5:37pm
Sending a get well wish your way, Sissy.