PDA

View Full Version : OBama says All troops out of Iraq by end of year.

CathyA
10-21-11, 1:55pm
Finally. I hope they all don't get deployed to Afghanistan.

Florence
10-21-11, 5:08pm
Finally. I hope they all don't get deployed to Afghanistan.

Cathy, I am as suspicious as you. My first thought when hearing that all troops would be out by the end of the year was "End of what year??" And I too wonder how many will be sent from Iraq to Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, Uganda, etc. We could save ourselves a lot of money, lives, and limbs if we would declare victory in Afghanistan and let the Afghans sort it out themselves.

Zoebird
10-21-11, 5:16pm
sweet. the iraqi people can get on with their lives and setting up their own government (i hope).

my friend's son leaves for afghanistan next week. we are worried for him.

ctg492
10-21-11, 5:31pm
Yes my concern and exactly what I said when I heard today. But better then nothing happening. My Daughter in Law's Father shipped out to Afghanistan this summer :( He has been there a few times now.

iris lily
10-21-11, 9:34pm
I am happy about this even though I don't know the consequences. Perhaps consequences besides no more loss of life and limb will be treasury savings. I would like that.

peggy
10-21-11, 10:20pm
I am happy about this even though I don't know the consequences. Perhaps consequences besides loss of life and limb will be treasury savings. I would like that.

+1

Maxamillion
10-22-11, 1:19am
It's about time!

gimmethesimplelife
10-22-11, 2:55am
It's about time!Ditto here.

Gregg
10-22-11, 11:27am
Holding my breath a little till it actually happens, but will certainly not argue that it is good news.

Glo
10-26-11, 11:25am
Past time!

Spartana
10-26-11, 2:44pm
I am happy about this even though I don't know the consequences. Perhaps consequences besides no more loss of life and limb will be treasury savings. I would like that.

Of course one consequence is Iran licking it's chops and eying the border in anticipation of the pull out. But... like other said: about time.

Oh and returning troops with no jobs.