PDA

View Full Version : Valentines (the kind we used to exchange at school.....)

puglogic
10-29-11, 3:00pm
Remember when kids used to exchange little generic valentine cards at school? You'd get a pack of them, and there were 4 or 5 mixed designs in there.

Darned if I can find anything like that these days -- I'm either not searching for the right thing on Google, or they just don't make them any more.

I'd like to have a bunch of these for a project I'm doing. I don't need full-sized cards at 3.00 a pop....just those flimsy little things. Any ideas where to find them?

iris lily
10-29-11, 3:37pm
well, here's one site that seems to sell that kind of thing:

http://www.rexanne.com/vday-valentines.html

We see boxes of these at the grocery store each year, so yes they do still make them.

domestic goddess
10-29-11, 11:39pm
We buy those for my granddaughters every year, so they are still available. We find them in the grocery store, drugstores, WalMart, Target, just about everywhere, but you are probably a bit out of season for them right now. I bet you would have better luck after the first of the year, when everyone starts putting out Valentine's stuff.
Just curious, what is your project?

CathyA
10-30-11, 10:53am
I wonder if you'd find them in stores like Dollar General, Big lots, etc.?

domestic goddess
10-30-11, 4:21pm
Probably you would, CathyA. But not until closer to the holiday. Then they are available in most places that sell cards or holiday decorations, except the big card shops.

Mrs-M
11-1-11, 5:34pm
Puglogic. I remember them! You brought back some great old memories. :) Thanks for that!

Hmmm... just an idea, but would it work (for what you are desiring) to purchase a few large sheets of heavy craft paper (you know the kind that's like thin cardboard) and make your own cards?

Iris Lily. Thanks for the link. So many great things to reminisce over.