PDA

View Full Version : need ideas for dropping landlne but keeping internet

pinkytoe
11-2-11, 6:49pm
I have been bugging dh to drop the land line and figure this out but he has put it on the back burner so am seeking ideas on how to proceed. Currently, we do not have cable - only cell, landline and internet through AT&T. I do not want to do business with AT&T anymore. How can we obtain internet and cell only for the best price?

Readsomething
11-3-11, 3:04pm
We split up the services. We still have cell service through AT&T, but we went to our cable company for Internet service. No more landlines for us -- the only people who EVER called our home phone were telemarketers and political lobbyists. The last election cycle in 2008 nearly sent me over the edge. I struck back -- during our kitchen renovation last year, we had our phone jacks covered up with tile. One of the best decisions we've ever made!

WorldFoodie
11-4-11, 1:12am
I got rid of my AT cell, then ported my ATT landline number to a Cricket cell. Now, all that's left is to get my dry ATT DSL transferred to an economical internet service. I do not miss ATT!

simplelife4me
11-12-11, 6:54am
Landline free since last year and have not missed it.

Internet: DSL with AT&T for $14.95/month
Cellular phone: Tracfone for about $100/year

herisf
11-12-11, 9:56am
There are huge regional variations in services. I live 2 hours away from the closest major metropolitan area, so my DSL costs me around $55/month. I have a choice of two carriers only. The best cell phone reception is AT&T for most people although some do OK with T-Mobile (it really depends on what area of the county you live in). So you would probably get better tips from people in your region. What region do you live in?

mschrisgo2
11-12-11, 10:58pm
sinplelifeforme, do you get ATT DSL without a land line? That would cut my bill by 2/3!

simplelife4me
11-17-11, 5:25am
Yes. ATT has started raising the price a little, now to a little over $17/mo. Online it appears their cheapest is $19.95

sinplelifeforme, do you get ATT DSL without a land line? That would cut my bill by 2/3!