PDA

View Full Version : The making of Paris Hilton

screamingflea
11-5-11, 11:53am
This (http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/02/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/jason-moore-on-paris-hilton/index.html?iref=allsearch) explains a whole lot ...

"I think a lot of that stemmed from the curiosity that was built in the media about who Paris Hilton was," Moore says. "She lived the ultimate image and was the ultimate brand based on the right name, the right look, the right height, the right hair color, the right eye color, the right everything for a formula that far exceeded anybody else at that time. She was the ultimate package that corporate America would want to make for itself as a marketing tool, but it was already made for them. They say to be a famous person, people want to be you or f*** you, and she encompassed both of those." [ ... ] Moore also studied the branding blueprints of rock stars like the Rolling Stones, Jimmy Buffett and the Grateful Dead. "Those guys aren't releasing new material, but they're making hand over fist every year from what? Touring. Selling merch. Building more fan base. Exploiting more territories. Planting more seeds."

This guy created a monster that we'll have to live with a long time, but ya gotta give credit where credit is due. The guy is brilliant in his field.

iris lily
11-5-11, 12:58pm
This (http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/02/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/jason-moore-on-paris-hilton/index.html?iref=allsearch) explains a whole lot ...

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=50405

This guy created a monster that we'll have to live with a long time, but ya gotta give credit where credit is due. The guy is brilliant in his field.

Mick and Keith may not be doing anything new, but for 25 years they defined Rock and Roll. Both have talent.

Paris Hilton did not.

My emissary from Hollywood says that everyone thinks Chriss Kardashian is an absolute genius for turning her useless, unattractive daughters into superstars. She can get any meeting she wants with whoever she wants to meet with.

Zoebird
11-5-11, 5:36pm
yupyup.

IshbelRobertson
11-5-11, 6:16pm
Does anyone with a brain give a tuppeny damn about that peroxided, skinny PLAIN woman, aka Ms Hilton?

Another case of a Chav, who is famous for being famous, rather than for achieving ANYTHING!

Zoebird
11-6-11, 3:37pm
i have to say, i like her sister. the younger one seems smart, uninterested so much in fame, and designs accessories and stuff -- so she does at least work a fair bit. if daddy's going to leave the company to someone, it should be her.

screamingflea
11-7-11, 8:09pm
My understanding is that the Hilton clan dissolved about 98% of the family fortune a few years ago and gave it to a long list of charities. They regard Paris as a distant stepchild and an embarrassment, so she got nothing. So there is some justice in this world. :-P

Zoebird
11-7-11, 9:07pm
no clue, to be honest. i pay way more attention to my own finances. :D

granola19
11-21-11, 10:15am
Mick and Keith may not be doing anything new, but for 25 years they defined Rock and Roll. Both have talent.

Paris Hilton did not.

My emissary from Hollywood says that everyone thinks Chriss Kardashian is an absolute genius for turning her useless, unattractive daughters into superstars. She can get any meeting she wants with whoever she wants to meet with.

I kind of have to agree that at least those bands worked from scratch and actually had talent worked hard to get where they are. Although I still think it is crap that nurses and teachers make beans and rock stars make billions, at least they did something. Paris Hilton did absolutely nothing worthwhile.