PDA

View Full Version : Day Is Done

goldensmom
11-24-11, 9:23pm
“Day is done, gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky;
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh. “
-Anonymous

We just wrapped up Thanksgiving Day by watching “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving“. Sometimes it’s the little things that makes a day perfect. What little thing made your day?

Tradd
11-24-11, 9:25pm
A friend (who knew I was going solo today) brought me T'day leftovers on her way home from a relatives. It's being heated up as we speak.

sweetana3
11-24-11, 9:38pm
We just watched the Charlie Brown show too. Capped a quiet day with some meaning. Cant wait to put in my Charlie Brown Christmas.

We had Japanese noodles for lunch and Indian biriyani for dinner. No turkey today.

peggy
11-24-11, 10:21pm
It was such a lovely day we sat in the sunshine on the dock to drink our wine.

ApatheticNoMore
11-25-11, 12:18am
I always take a long walk on thanksgiving. It is a really beautiful time of year (really winter, except Dec which is just *SO* dark and bleak, is the most beautiful time of year here). The leaves are all beautiful fall colors. Yea I always take a walk on Thanksgiving and I am content. The roads are near empty, very peaceful.

I also do the usual thanksgiving stuff (the bird is the word and so on) later in the day. In addition I ate fresh picked tangerines.

iris lily
11-25-11, 1:20am
I really can't stand Charlie Brown anything. Sorry! But for those who do, ok.

We had gorgeous weather today and we took 2 dogs for a long walk and made them tired.

I planted the last bag of lilies that had been laying around here for some weeks. Now all lilies are it he ground and are labeled. I hit all weedy areas with Roundup and put on entire garden to bed in doing so.

gimmethesimplelife
11-25-11, 4:07am
Today there were some sprinkles here in Phoenix and for awhile there was the wonderful smell of desert rain in the air - had to smile and be grateful for that!

goldensmom
11-25-11, 5:54am
Yup, it's the little things....sometimes planned (Charlie Brown) sometimes by chance (sprinkles).

Iris Lily, it's perfectly fine that you don't care for anything Charlie Brown, it's whatever makes your day. Anyways, we start Christmas movies this weekend I've got Charlie Brown Christmas ready to go.

Merski
11-25-11, 7:29am
We really enjoyed our non-traditional day....we may have to try this on other holidays though we know it was very nice and important for others.

herbgeek
11-25-11, 8:51am
I rocked my grandniece and she fell asleep on my chest. I'm not even really into babies, but this was nice.

Mighty Frugal
11-25-11, 12:40pm
goldensmom
I love that little poem! If I cross stitched I would put it on a pillow! Off to google it

goldensmom
11-25-11, 5:11pm
herbgeek, I'm mostly a puppy/kitten person but your story makes me feel all warm inside.

Mighty Frugal, we sang 'Day is Done' at the end of each Girl Scout meeting when I was a young girl and it has been a part of me since.