PDA

View Full Version : can you recommend a beginner's yoga dvd

kally
11-28-11, 12:08am
I want to order one, but don't know which one. I want a real beginner's tape with mostly stretching and breathing with simple poses.

I see a lot with complicated stuff that I just couldn't do, so would love your help yoga types out there. Thanks

Acorn
11-28-11, 5:09am
Don't know about dvds, but yogaglo.com has a great variety of styles and levels available. There are some free lessons available and I think they also offer a free two week trial. Otherwise is is $18./month.

jania
11-28-11, 9:50am
Anything by Lilias is usually very friendly to beginners.

MTRachel
11-28-11, 12:50pm
Better yet, "Stretching for Life" with Priscilla Patrick is on many public television stations for free every morning 6 to 6:30 am for free, at least on KUSM in Bozeman, Montana. Yoga is GREAT so hope you find the right match to begin your practice! :) Good luck. (Also check out DVDs from your local library)

Tweety
11-29-11, 6:35pm
Check Gaiam.com and look into Patricia Walden's yoga for beginners and weight loss yoga DVDs. She guides you and shows you how to do the poses, then how to move to the next step as you get familiar with them. You can probably find them, or something similar, at big bookstores, too.