PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Decorations

goldensmom
11-29-11, 6:39am
A local sporting goods store has their Christmas tree decorated with pine cones and red berry clusters. It is so pretty, simple and natural. Looking at that tree I could imagine Cardinals nesting in it. I felt calm and peaceful looking at the simple, natural decorations. Our Christmas tree is decorated with lights and tons of ornaments with a festive feel about it. I like both. Preferences anyone?

citrine
11-29-11, 7:50pm
I am making a garland for our tree out of rafia and cardboard stars which will be painted with glitter....we are also going to have some ornaments and lights...simple this year.

kally
11-29-11, 8:51pm
All our ornaments except 3 of them are from the 50's and 60's and were my mom's. They aren't fancy or anything, but they are old, you know the concave blown glass. Anything modern doesn't really belong on our tree. I see these old ornaments at the thrift shop all the time and I think they are lovely.

On top of our tree is a small plastic doll with a white lacy dress, maybe 5 inches tall. Her eyes are stuck in the up position, so she looks really like a demon or Regan in the Exorcist. But my mom made it years ago, so she stays.

goldensmom
11-30-11, 11:37am
I like hearing about and seeing decorated Christmas trees from simple to complex; contemporary, traditional or nostalgic A friend once decorated her tree in all brown and I upon hearing of it I was skeptical but it was elegant and beautiful. I visited an elderly friend who was physically unable to decorate her tree so her small, great-grandchildren decorated it for her. The decorations were on the bottom 1/3 of the tree (as far up as they could reach), the top 2/3 had no ornaments and it was precious. Thinking back, I don't think I've ever seen a Christmas tree I didn't like.