PDA

View Full Version : Creative householder tips

redfox
12-8-11, 9:27pm
http://www.thedailybuzz.com.au/2011/11/25-clever-ideas_household-tips_storage-ideas

Tiam
12-8-11, 9:33pm
Cool! I got quite a few good ones off that. Thanks!

kally
12-8-11, 9:41pm
wow the gutter garden was cool

fidgiegirl
12-8-11, 10:39pm
I love the strawberry tip and the linen closet tip. Also the lettuce gardens!

Oh! And we do the popcorn thing - regularly! DELICIOUS.

danna
12-8-11, 11:05pm
great creative ideas....

redfox
12-8-11, 11:41pm
I am personally in love with the folded linens in the pillowcase.... Next cleanout, this is happenin!

happystuff
12-9-11, 6:47am
Love the gutter garden idea, as well as the linens.

I've been doing the egg carton storage for many years now. The 18 count cartons are perfect for our ornaments.

rosarugosa
12-10-11, 6:27am
I'm eager to try the walnut tip, and storing the plastic bags in a wet wipes container. Thanks for sharing, Redfox!

Float On
12-10-11, 11:07am
Great list and good photos too!
My 15 year old thinks we should try the cake in cones or the cookies over the muffin tins first (he said he's really hungry this morning).
I liked the straw for berries trick (the 15 year old pointed out it was a good pun "get it mom....straw...berries" - he is too funny this morning).
I think they ironed that fitted sheet!!!
Fidgiegirl - how do you keep the bag closed? I've heard some people say that they go ahead and add one staple. I've always wanted to try that, do you add anything to the bag like a tiny bit of coconut oil?
I always thought the raingutter gardens were cool - saw a spread on that in a gardening magazine a few years back.
Liked the tension rod for spray bottles. And I think I even have a couple of tension rods in the back of my laundry room closet.
Hanging the wrap on the ceiling of the closet is a good idea too, but being short I'd have to drag a chair or call for help. I only keep 1-2 rolls of wrap anyway (silver -it works for everything).
15 year old and I both agreed that a row of stuffed animals hanging on the wall might be creepy.

reader99
12-10-11, 11:38am
All excellent. The kind of clever thing that's so obvious once it's said, that you wonder how did no one think of this before?

Re: walnuts - any nut oil will refresh scratches, almond for lighter wood, walnut for darker, and you can use the oil itself if you have it, not necessarily the nutmeat.

mira
12-10-11, 12:20pm
Very neat! I especially like the strawberry hulling idea and the giftwrap storage! Bookmarking this, thanks!

Jemima
12-10-11, 1:47pm
Love the gutter garden!!! I have a very small lot plus windows that don't accommodate window boxes. Perfect!

Greg44
12-10-11, 6:03pm
sheesh - if I knew it was that easy to pop my own popcorn in the microwave! I read many of the comments...lots of creative popcorn toppings. While in Australia, most people we knew put sugar on their popcorn, rather than butter & salt. But some of the toppings the posters gave sounded really good! Hmm instead of hijacking this thread, I think I will start another about popcorn toppings...!

Mrs-M
12-10-11, 7:27pm
I fell in love with ALL of the ideas!!!