PDA

View Full Version : 1st Anniversary Donations

RoseFI
12-12-11, 9:39am
Yes, it's been one year since this community migrated to a new, self-managed and self-funded site, and I'd say it's been successful! If you would like to help fund operations, you can send a checque in US$ to:

New Road Map Foundation
PO Box 1363
Langley, WA 98260

and all funds will go directly to keeping the site up and running. Or you can press the DONATE button at the top of this website (Paypal will get a small cut of your donation.) NRM is a registered 501(c)3 not-for-profit and all donations are tax-deductible to the extent of the law in your jurisdiction.

PLEASE indicate that the donation is for SLF. You can do this in the second Paypal window where it says "Add special instructions to the seller".

Thanks so much for all you do!

leslieann
12-12-11, 10:49am
Aha! Thanks for the reminder about how to get those donations to land in the desired location!

Mrs-M
12-12-11, 4:20pm
One whole year! Yippee!!! (Many more to come)... Thanks for the friendly reminder, Rozie!

lhamo
12-12-11, 4:47pm
Thanks, Rozie.

I forgot to add the note on my donation that it shoudl be directed to the forums, and I know others have mentioned the same issue. Is there a way to fix that?

lhamo

RoseFI
12-13-11, 3:14am
People can IM me if they want to clarify. If I recognize the name or the email address from the boards, I usually just assume it's SLF.

herbgeek
12-13-11, 6:22am
Thanks for making the donation process so easy- I would /intend/ to physically mail a donation, but it would get lost in the busy-ness of life. Having that paypal button available just as I'm thinking about it made sure I actually followed through.

loosechickens
12-15-11, 12:14am
I didn't make any notation on my donation recently, Rozie, but my email address has my user name here, so I'm assuming that you will have been able to see where it was supposed to go. I used the DONATE button and put it on my credit card, but didn't realize I needed to make such a notation. Not that I'd not be willing to do some support of NRMF, too, but would really like to make sure that my donation gets counted for Simple Living board, especially since it seems like such a small percentage of us have been donating. It sounds like the SL boards can use every one that is intended for it. Thanks......Nancy

Float On
12-15-11, 7:46am
Thanks for making "send an actual check" an option. I'm mailing mine today.
Part of my frugal goals is to keep my credit card far away from my computer desk so I'm not tempted to 'shop' on-line. That has made, making a donation via paypal near impossible for me because I've rarely got my card with me when I'm visiting message boards.