PDA

View Full Version : December Prayer Thread

fidgiegirl
12-13-11, 9:03pm
I am taking Stella's idea from back in November and since it hasn't had a lot of activity for about a month, thought I'd start a new one in December.

Praying for my friend. She has cystic fibrosis and just started on insulin (CF affects the pancreas, too . . . ). I saw her today at a conference and she was particularly negative about topics she's generally super excited about. She's always a little on the negative side, but it really shone today. I just hope the new health challenge isn't wearing too hard on her.

I'd also like to pray for our little SLF community. There has been a lot of reflection lately about what it is now, what it has been, and what we would like it to be. I just hope it can meet everyone's needs and interests and that all feel supported and welcome here.

Also would like to pray for my coworker whose husband is finishing an 8-year battle with cancer. They are hoping he can live to walk his daughter down the aisle for her February 4 wedding and to hold his granddaughter for the first time, but it's looking like it may not happen. She's caring for him full time now.

Xmac
12-13-11, 11:10pm
Warmth and Bliss to you
:)

Float On
12-14-11, 7:36am
Thanks for starting this again Kelli. I'm praying this week for my cousin, S, who just lost his leg from the knee down due to complications from diabetes. They are having a hard time getting his levels to even out and are even looking at what may need to be done to his other leg. He is in his mid-50's.

razz
12-14-11, 9:06am
i have been praying for the Eurozone to find a path out of their mess since so many individuals are feeling the impact and fear in jobs, and future prospects. Lots of challenges for them to get through.

Some friends are fearful of the loneliness of this Christmas holiday season now that their lifepartners have recently passed away.

Budget cuts are impacting our community libraries and I pray for decision-makers to have the wisdom to protect this one community service that is free and beneficial to our citizens of every economic, racial, financial, age, gender, mobility, accessibility, etc., category

Zoebird
12-20-11, 1:18pm
I wanted to update on my friends, and also continue to ask for your prayers.

my friend found shelter for herself and her children, while her husband still has to be separate (this is a women/children shelter only) and is in a men's shelter 4 hrs (by bus) away. The social worker met with the case worker at the shelter, and will start weekend-visits for the children next weekend, and hopes to have them moved into the shelter in mid-january. the social worker wants to have the children permanently placed with their mother by then, and then close the case in February.

once the case is closed, then the family is moving to permanent home (meaning, their own home), and hopefully all of this will be behind them.

of course, promises have been made before, but at least this woman is working harder than the past social workers, so i'm thankful for that.

Stella
12-21-11, 7:57am
Thanks for reviving this Kelli! I am adding all of your prayer requests to my prayer list.

I want to ask continued prayers for my sister. I have found out that this second bout of cancer puts the 5 year surivival rate for her cancer at 25%. She is coming today and I am so excited to see her. Everyone is trying to stay positive about it, but honestly, it's hard.

fidgiegirl
12-21-11, 8:51am
Thanks everyone for sharing. I'm not overly religious so for me the act of just having and reading and reviewing this thread is prayer in and of itself. I am wishing the best for all of your loved ones. It reminds us in the good times how lucky we are and that in the bad times people do notice and feel for us.

Thankful that tomorrow is the solstice! The simple passing of that "hump" gives me hope to get through the rest of the Minnesota winter.

I also continue to pray for my coworker. In good news, if you can call it that, her son and family was able to return from Okinawa where he is stationed in the military to both be able to see his dad AND attend his sister's wedding in Feb. The concern was that he would have to choose. Plus his dad will be able to see his first grandchild. Ooh, I'm tearing up here, better move along . . .

Thanks all.

Heidi
12-21-11, 12:05pm
I am praying for our dear friend Bob, who is in the final stages of melanoma. I am praying for a peaceful death and a joyous reunion with his loved ones on the other side. He is already talking to and seeing his mother, so it won't be long.

Bronxboy
12-22-11, 4:25pm
I'm not much of a pray-er, but am sad to hear of people going through such trials this season. I hope my prayer request doesn't sound petty in the face of their struggles.

My wife and I realized some weeks ago that we have reached the end of the line with the Catholic religion of our family backgrounds. No bitterness, it's just time to admit that their are theological and other differences that we'll never be able to bridge. While I'm certain it's the right decision, I'm feeling it more than I thought I would.

Thank you.

domestic goddess
12-23-11, 2:47am
I will keep you all in my prayer. Bronxboy, just because we have outgrown a family tradition or have decided it is no longer for us, that doesn't always mean it doesn't hurt a bit to move on. I hope you will find what is right for you. I'm confident you will.

domestic goddess
12-23-11, 2:51am
Now I have a request: A member of my family is in prison this Christmas. This is really hard on his immediate family, especially his children and their mother, who doesn't have a job right now. They all really need prayers and good wishes.

Bronxboy
12-23-11, 8:57am
I will keep you all in my prayer. Bronxboy, just because we have outgrown a family tradition or have decided it is no longer for us, that doesn't always mean it doesn't hurt a bit to move on. I hope you will find what is right for you. I'm confident you will.
Thank you. I have been a bit blindsided by my feelings about this.

Bronxboy
12-23-11, 9:02am
Domestic goddess, I'm sorry about your family member in prison. So many who would have gotten along in life in past years are ending up in trouble with addiction and crime today.

puglogic
12-24-11, 12:13am
Also not a pray-er, but sending a prayer of strength and light to my friend Marin, whose father --- always strong, funny, stoic -- is descending further into early-onset dementia each day.

fidgiegirl
12-24-11, 9:55am
Thinking of each of you and your prayer requests today. (((((prayer thread)))))

Simpler at Fifty
12-25-11, 1:26pm
I am praying for a peaceful passing for my 96 yr old client and friend. She is in a nursing home with Dementia and having seizures. We will most likely stop all meds tomorrow and give her morphine for pain. She had had a steady decline since August and then a great decline in the last week. She has lived a good life and was in her own home until 3 years ago. I was there for a visit yesterday. My dog normally jumps on her bed and she wakes up and starts petting him and he is licking her hands and hopping all over her bed. He did not jump up. I picked him up and called her name and she barely opened an eye and I said 'look who came to see you'. She closed her eyes and the dog never made any motion towards her. He knew something had changed. Animals are so amazing that way. They know what to do and what not to do.

AnneM
12-26-11, 2:51am
I am praying for my niece's 32 year old husband. He has acute pancreatitis and has been in the hospital in a medically induced coma since December 18th. With all that is going wrong, we were told yesterday that he has a 20% chance of making it. Man, I have never prayed so hard in my life! They have a 10 year old son.

Stella
12-26-11, 8:06am
Praying for all of you!

We start our trek home today from CA so I'll add a request for prayers for safe travels.

Simpler at Fifty
12-26-11, 1:49pm
My client passed away this morning and I am thankful she is at peace.

@Stella- I am praying for a safe trip back to the Midwest. What a great memory you have made for the kids this year.

Stella
12-27-11, 11:07pm
Thanks Simpler at Fifty! I think the older kids will remember this trip forever. We're in New Mexico now after seeing the Grand Canyon today. We'll be visiting my cousins tomorrow and the next day and New Years Eve we'll be home, probably just before midnight. A wonderful end to a wonderful year.