PDA

View Full Version : lhamo's SLF donation challenge

lhamo
12-16-11, 12:04am
I am a big NPR fan, and one of the things they do that often produces good results in their fundraising drives is to have extra funding someone is willing to kick in if the number of pledges or the amount pledged meets a certain target. SOOO, in light of how much this community means to me and the fact that I selfishly want to see it not just continue, but grow and thrive, I've decided to do a mini-pledge drive of my own.

THE OFFER:

For every donation of $10 or more that the NRF gets toward support of these boards in December 2011, I will kick in an extra $1, up to $250 (the most I feel comfortable committing to without consulting my husband, who is travelling on business at the moment). So if 100 people donate this month, I'll add in another $100 -- this is in addition to the donation I already made a few days ago (and yes, I will count that as an extra $1 I need to put in).

I'll ask Rozie for the number of total pledges in early January, and will make my extra contribution no later than January 10th. Rozie will be able to verify that I made it if anyone wants that confirmation.

I'm setting the $10 minimum because it costs NRM time and (if donations come in via paypal) money to process the donations, and because I really want to see more people supporting these boards even at a modest level.

Hope this challenge inspires more of you to contribute. I look forward to writing that $250 check in January!

lhamo

Mrs-M
12-16-11, 6:49pm
Lhamo. Awesome pledge challenge! So happy I am to know there are members like you (and those like myself and others) who have chosen to step up to the plate in order to keep the doors open, the lights on, and the place warm. This place simply wouldn't be without the likes of us.

Yes, my (town) business day is early next week, at which time I will be sending in a donation. Thank you much for this! Jingle, jingle...

sunnyjoe
12-16-11, 6:57pm
Good of you to do this! I also donated a few days ago.

lhamo
12-30-11, 11:24am
Bumping this up as a little reminder to people that I'll kick in a little extra bonus for any donations of more than $10 that come in to New Road Map Foundation before the end of the year for the purpose of supporting the forums. It isn't a lot, but every little bit counts!

lhamo

kally
12-30-11, 1:28pm
I donated.

leslieann
12-30-11, 1:54pm
Great idea, and thank you, lhamo. I donated, too.

Kat
12-31-11, 11:32pm
Thank you, lhamo. :-) I donated.

Float On
1-1-12, 10:18pm
That is really sweet of you lhamo.
I mailed a check sometime in Dec. was glad to be able to finally make a contribution.

lhamo
1-10-12, 5:02am
Thanks to the 27 individuals who each donated $10 or more in December toward the cost of keeping the SLN forums. I have made my extra $27 donation via paypal just now.

In the future, if others are interested in leveraging their donations in this way, maybe we can try something like a group match.

lhamo

Spartana
1-11-12, 1:22pm
Thanks for putting in the extra bucks Ihamo. Every bit helps! I sent a check last month to the address Rozie provided and made it out to The New Road Map Foundation with a note that it was to go to these forums. Hopefully they got it and it was directed to the forums. The check was under my real name "Lindi".