PDA

View Full Version : Success stories through blogs

Bobbie
12-17-11, 11:01am
Hi,

A fellow Simple Living member suggested I posted my blog as part of the Success forum. Success sounds like an end point and I know I am still on my journey, but I do love to share it with others!

About four years ago, my family and I had $30,000 in medical/consumer debt. We also owned a house with about $125,000 in debt and had about $8,000 in student loans. We paid it all off and sold the house. We bought another house for $13,000 in a very rural area five hours away from our previous location and moved there with one part-time job as our primary income. We lived this new lifestyle three months and you can read more about it at:

http://budgetingwiththebushmans.blogspot.com/

If you know of blogs with similar success in their journeys, please share them!

Aqua Blue
12-18-11, 10:30am
I read through your blog, very nice.

What a cute little house!

leslieann
12-18-11, 3:10pm
Hi, Bobbie,

Welcome to this place and thanks for linking to your blog. I read through and found it pretty interesting. You've made a huge life change and I hope you are finding it a good one.

AnneM
12-18-11, 6:29pm
Hi Bobbie, I really like your blog. I'm trying the bread recipe right now; just now mixing it. It looks like it's a 2 loaf recipe. Is that correct? I can't find where you mention the number of loaves anywhere.

AnneM
12-18-11, 9:09pm
Yum, just took two amazing loaves out of the oven! While the bread was in the oven, I read your blog posts and they really inspired me to try and save more. Wow, you are doing a great job!

Bobbie
12-19-11, 1:51pm
Thanks so much for the positive feedback everyone! :D The bread recipe will make two small-medium loaves. I usually use it to make one loaf and a tray of burger buns or dinner rolls.

Kat
12-19-11, 6:01pm
Welcome, Bobbie, and thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I am enjoying it very much! :-)

Selah
12-20-11, 7:59am
What a great blog! Love the oatmeal recipes, and the pictures of your formerly-skanky kitchen faucet. We went through the same thing with our old house!

Good luck, too, on saving lots of money next winter on using wood as a your primary heating source. I bet your house smells great, what with all the cooking and woodfire heating! :) Thanks again for sharing this.

DuraMater
12-23-11, 8:36pm
Bobbie,
Thanks so much for posting this. Success stories used to be one of my go-to inspirations at the old forum and I really miss them all. So, this is MUCH MUCH appreciated! Happy to now be following your blog.

Wildflower
12-23-11, 10:06pm
Bobbie, I really enjoyed reading through your blog. Love your cozy little home. It is similar to mine. What a wonderful lifestyle you live and a great way for your kids to grow up. You and I think alike. :)

pinkytoe
12-24-11, 10:08am
I am reminded of Amy Dacyzn (sp)? and the Tightwad Gazette books. Isn't it interesting how some of us are just hard-wired to love frugality?