PDA

View Full Version : My company's holiday e-card

treehugger
12-21-11, 7:43pm
I wanted to share this because I think it's a pretty cool thing. For every card e-mailed, $.50 is donated to the named cause. The card itself has live links for more info about the project and about our charitable foundation that supports and picks the cause each year (the card is also a lot prettier than shown here :)).

We are a global environmental consultant, so it is very important to us to walk the sustainability walk since that's a big part of what we sell to clients. We have more than 4,000 employees in 40 countries, so tens of thousands of these cards get e-mailed out.

**Where it says [company] it of course has our actual name. Edited out for privacy.**
__________________________________________________ ___________

Dear [Client],

On behalf of [company], I would like to wish you a happy holiday season. For more than five years we have sent an electronic card instead of sending paper greeting cards, helping to raise funds for various environmental initiatives. The money that would have been spent on cards and postage this year will be used to support a conservation project at the Tongabezi Trust School in Zambia, promoting local biodiversity and creating better food security for the children and their families.

Season's Greetings from [company]

Best wishes,
[signature]

puglogic
12-21-11, 10:55pm
Nice, treehugger!

danna
12-21-11, 11:02pm
Very good idea...
It would make me feel better sending e-mail cards to put the savings to a cause...will be thinking about that one for next year
Thank you

artist
12-25-11, 10:31am
very cool.

sunnyjoe
12-25-11, 10:42am
Great idea! Thanks for telling us about it. We sent our Holiday greetings electronically this year. It felt a little odd but people seemed to like it.

fidgiegirl
12-25-11, 11:06am
Yes, I really like the donating the savings aspect. Now only if I were a graphic designer so that any e-cards we would send could actually be something to look at! :)