PDA

View Full Version : National Park Ranger killed on Mt. Rainier

redfox
1-1-12, 10:16pm
This is pretty awful... The media coverage has been suprisingly good; factual and calm. Hope it ends soon, and without further violence... I am hoping for a cougar to interdict the suspect.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/01/01/1965682/ranger-shot-at-mount-rainier.html

gimmethesimplelife
1-1-12, 10:38pm
Redfox, this must be a big deal up in Puget Sound I am guessing. I saw this on yahoo.com news and started a thread about it right afterwards.....Pretty sad stuff.....Glad I'm not the only one out there who is outraged by this!!!! Here's hoping a cougar gets the (expletive). Rob

redfox
1-1-12, 11:11pm
Rob, it made to top of NPR news. And, there's an armed murderer loose in the park, with over 100 people holed up in cabins. Yikes!

gimmethesimplelife
1-1-12, 11:37pm
Pretty creepy stuff.....Let's hope they catch the blank pronto and that there is no more loss of life or other drama.....Rob

redfox
1-2-12, 2:18am
Mods, feel free to delete this chain, as another is up. I'd do so if I knew how!
RF

redfox
1-2-12, 7:45pm
http://today.seattletimes.com/2012/01/man-sought-in-park-rangers-killing-found-dead/

He died overnight in a ditch. All around a total tragedy. At lease the mother of his child won't have to continue her fight for custody, and the surviving members of the murdered Ranger's family won't have to endure the years of legal actions.

HKPassey
1-4-12, 10:17pm
Redfox, this must be a big deal up in Puget Sound I am guessing. I saw this on yahoo.com news and started a thread about it right afterwards.....Pretty sad stuff.....Glad I'm not the only one out there who is outraged by this!!!! Here's hoping a cougar gets the (expletive). Rob

This one hit me pretty hard. We seem to have quite a complement of that type in this area, and just three months ago members of my family were killed 50-60 miles from Mount Rainier by another young man with some similar beliefs and the same look in his eyes. The features aren't the same at all, but their photos seem eerily similar. We endured two weeks of manhunt and searching for the body of the second victim.

lhamo
1-4-12, 10:41pm
Oh Helen, I'm so sorry -- had no idea. Are you ok? Sending hugs and warm thoughts from far-away Beijing.....

lhamo

redfox
1-4-12, 10:54pm
Oh Helen, I'm so sorry -- had no idea. Are you ok? Sending hugs and warm thoughts from far-away Beijing.....

lhamo

Ditto from me... I am so sorry you & your family suffered losses like that. Yikes... Hugs.

Amaranth
1-5-12, 8:34am
Helen, I am so sorry you and your family went through this, and will have have those losses to deal with for a long time to come. And if it's the tragic situation involving the loss of DeeDee, I can't imagine how deep the terror was while the manhunt for the suspects continued for the length of time it did.

jennipurrr
1-5-12, 10:31am
Oh wow, so sorry to hear about these tragedies. I visited Mt. Rainier several years ago and loved the area. It breaks my heart to read things like this.

gimmethesimplelife
1-5-12, 7:13pm
This one hit me pretty hard. We seem to have quite a complement of that type in this area, and just three months ago members of my family were killed 50-60 miles from Mount Rainier by another young man with some similar beliefs and the same look in his eyes. The features aren't the same at all, but their photos seem eerily similar. We endured two weeks of manhunt and searching for the body of the second victim.I don't know what to say, I am sorry for your loss, are you doing ok? Wow. And I have the nerve to think I have problems.....Thank you for carrying on and being a presence on this board! Rob