PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone remember the name of this book

cozynana
1-16-12, 6:02pm
I am putting this on for a friend who is trying to locate this book. I am copying and pasting her description of what she remembers.

A young girl is toldto hide in the basket in their small hut. The mothers brotherand father come in and are upset and say she has dishonored the people byhaving a child from a GI. The book mentions that the motherand the daughter had been working in the rice fields. I think that they werekorean or vietnamese. they kill the mother and find the child in thebasket and since they do not recognize her as on of the people they send her toa catholic orphangage where she is kept in a small cage. Ittells that the nuns came in with a baby and placed the baby in the cagewith the little girl. She was so afraid she would squish the baby she satall curled up in the corner of the cage all night. When she woke upthe baby had died.

I remember thename of the book being broken sparrow or the sparrow or something to theeffect.

Mrs-M
1-16-12, 6:24pm
Have you tried using Google Book search? I've had really good success with it.

cozynana
1-21-12, 9:37pm
I tried Google Book search and didn't come up with anything. Any other suggestions?

loosechickens
1-21-12, 11:51pm
try this, cozynana.....

http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Thousand-Sorrows-Extraordinary-Journey/dp/0385496338