PDA

View Full Version : Know your neighbors

redfox
1-31-12, 1:56am
Ah, the Interwebs... I was actually glad to use this, as many of my neighbors have names that are hard for me to remember.

http://neighbors.whitepages.com/

iris lily
1-31-12, 9:25am
We have a neighborhood phonebook that has listings by name, and another set of listing by address.

This site is reasonably up to date.

redfox
1-31-12, 1:03pm
Here is a partial list of the last names on my block:

Huey
Ng
Vuong
Ngo
Castillo
Kuang
Garcia
Lane
Bui
Velasco
Vo
Parker
Sheikh
Alderson

It is an amazing street to live on.

chanterelle
1-31-12, 1:54pm
It had an amazing collection of neighboors who are long dead or moved away years ago and no mention of many of us who are long time residents.

pinkytoe
1-31-12, 3:33pm
I wonder why certain houses have no name. Makes me wonder where these records come from.

Alan
1-31-12, 3:47pm
It had an amazing collection of neighboors who are long dead or moved away years ago and no mention of many of us who are long time residents.

It still lists George W. Bush at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Alan
1-31-12, 3:50pm
I wonder why certain houses have no name. Makes me wonder where these records come from.
Good question. On my street, several houses are listed under the names of children, without mention of parents. That should eliminate real estate records.
Pretty good job of matching correct family names though.

redfox
1-31-12, 6:47pm
It still lists George W. Bush at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

THAT is hilarious!!

Greg44
1-31-12, 7:43pm
Interesting - our address is not listed in the phone book, but both address & phone number listed here!

redfox
1-31-12, 10:29pm
Our son is the person listed at our house, plus a long ago landline number. Maybe school records?

JaneV2.0
2-17-12, 4:16pm
A friend brought this to my attention. Made my skin crawl. I didn't even look myself up. TMI.

puglogic
2-17-12, 6:23pm
Here are the instructions to remove yourself from WhitePages, as I felt compelled to do: (having a creepy stalker ex-boyfriend)

How do I remove my information from people search results?

We understand that everyone has different privacy needs, so we have made removing your personal information from people search results very easy. To remove your information from http://WhitePages.com people search results, follow these steps:

Search for the information by name, address or phone number on www.whitepages.com
If your search returns multiple results, click on your name
On the “Detail View” page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Is this you? Remove your listing”
In most cases, your information will be removed within minutes of completing the removal process.

It's funny, but after I did that, the "Neighbors" system assigned my house to my next door neighbor. Funny.

treehugger
2-17-12, 6:32pm
This is very odd. My address brings up...unknown town with a lot of streets I don't even recognize the name of. I guess we are off the map, and I'm OK with that. :)

Kara

jp1
4-2-12, 10:29pm
We're both listed in our current address, but it lists me with a wrong middle initial, which one credit card company years ago had assigned to me for some reason.

artist
4-3-12, 7:35am
It's interesting but not accurate. They have our son Connor listed as someone named Shiona. I noticed some discrepancies with neighbors I do know as well.