PDA

View Full Version : My goofy Valentines Dau

herbgeek
2-13-12, 7:51pm
We don't do the dinner and flowers thing, but I do like to play on Valentine's day. One rule is that all the food has to be either pink/red or heart shaped. For breakfast, I made some corn muffins with sausage and cheese in heart shaped cupcake molds. I made some juice that included strawberries so its pink, and I'll stick 2 pieces of bacon together in a heart shape.

I made a corny thing to put in hubby's lunchbox: its two matches taped to the front of a folded index card, and inside it says "we're a perfect match". I have some heart shaped chocolates, and I cut the sandwich bread into heart shapes - the ham in the sandwich is pink. Dinner is steak, but haven't figured out the rest of it yet.

Anyone else who has fun and does goofy stuff on V day?

Mighty Frugal
2-14-12, 1:19pm
Not sure how fun or goofy but I will make the boys heart shaped sandwiches for dinner tonight. There was a V.Day bake sale at work so I picked up some heart shaped cookies that we'll all eat as well!

dh and I had take out Chinese food as our Vday gift to each other so maybe we'll reheat some tonight and shape it into a heart? haha

Kids are just so excited to give out their V.Day cards to classmates. They are retro Vday cards (the kind I gave out as a child)

I plan on getting very sugared up and acting goofy this Valentine's Day!:cool:

Stella
2-14-12, 1:24pm
Fun! I love doing stuff like that. I'm too tired to be a fun mom this year, but in the past I've done lots of fun heart themed stuff for the kiddos.