PDA

View Full Version : Scented Jeans

jlroussin
2-13-12, 10:36pm
Has anyone else heard the ad for the scented blue jeans? They are for men. They have the scent of raspberry, and cost $150. They have microcapsules embedded in them, and the scent lasts for 5 washes. They are thinking of coming out with these for women eventually. :laff::laff::laff:

Selah
2-14-12, 7:26am
Will the women's jeans be with a cherry scent? LOL!!!

Rosemary
2-14-12, 9:01am
Ugh, I'm glad they are so expensive because it means it is less likely that these will be polluting the air in my local environment.

redfox
2-14-12, 9:28am
Yuck

Stella
2-14-12, 10:01am
I really think they missed their target market if they are marketing to men. It seems more like something for a 10 year old girl. What a weird concept.

mtnlaurel
2-14-12, 10:04am
I really think they missed their target market if they are marketing to men. It seems more like something for a 10 year old girl. What a weird concept.

I know Stella - what I wouldn't have given to have scented jeans along with my scented magic markers and bonne bell root beer lipgloss in 1980!

Stella
2-14-12, 10:32am
I know Stella - what I wouldn't have given to have scented jeans along with my scented magic markers and bonne bell root beer lipgloss in 1980!

Exactly! I would have been all over that back in the day.

I really can't imagine any man I've ever met buying raspberry scented jeans. It's too feminine for straight men and the gay men I know all have much better taste than that.

JaneV2.0
2-14-12, 10:44am
I get my scented jeans at Value Village. They smell like Febreze fumigant. Yum.

Mrs-M
2-14-12, 1:19pm
Originally posted by Selah.
Will the women's jeans be with a cherry scent?ROTFLMAO!

Let us all "brace", for people going e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d periods of time without washing their new scented jeans. Got to keep that scent in them for as long as possible... Hahahahaha.......

Stella. I totally agree. Seems so far off target.

Sissy
2-14-12, 3:16pm

Well, now, my favorite "flavor" is raspberry. My stomach just can't digest the denim, tho.

ROFLMAO on the cherry scent!

bae
2-14-12, 3:20pm
I really can't imagine any man I've ever met buying raspberry scented jeans. It's too feminine for straight men and the gay men I know all have much better taste than that.

Even the gay men I know would prefer the scent of Hoppes #9 or diesel to raspberry for their jeans.

What are these folks thinking?

ApatheticNoMore
2-14-12, 4:24pm
Hey now, I used to think this was a silly idea too, but then one day I realized I was sick and tired of throwing a pint of rasberries in the wash every time just to give my jeans that nice smell.

;)

Miss Cellane
2-14-12, 4:47pm
ROTFLMAO!

Let us all "brace", for people going e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d periods of time without washing their new scented jeans. Got to keep that scent in them for as long as possible... Hahahahaha.......

Stella. I totally agree. Seems so far off target.

No, no, no. They're supposed to wash them after every wear, then toss them in the trash when the scent disappears and go out and buy new ones. Then start all over again.

Well, at least one reviewer thinks the scent is added so that you don't have to wash them. Not for months.

Because, yes, I couldn't believe these jeans were real and I had to google them and they are. And I really can't believe they make them for men and not little girls.

puglogic
2-14-12, 5:39pm
Hey now, I used to think this was a silly idea too, but then one day I realized I was sick and tired of throwing a pint of rasberries in the wash every time just to give my jeans that nice smell.

ROFL
What a waste of perfectly good raspberries.

I like my jeans' scent during the gardening season: eau d'horse poop

Mrs-M
2-14-12, 9:37pm
Originally posted by Miss Cellane.
No, no, no. They're supposed to wash them after every wear, then toss them in the trash when the scent disappears and go out and buy new ones. Then start all over again.And isn't that about the size of it...

Mrs-M
2-14-12, 9:41pm
To add, I personally think we SL's could make a WAY better pair of scented jeans. A little essential oil added to one or two strategic places on the jeans, good to go.

CathyA
2-15-12, 7:58am
LOL ApatheticNoMore! You'll be glad to not have to worry about all those seeds and stains any more!

Can you imagine having to sit next to someone in those jeans? Ever sit near someone at the movie theater who had on too much perfume? Yuk.
I suppose it shouldn't surprise us what lengths marketers will go to sell something.

SiouzQ.
2-15-12, 11:57am
I'd like to have been a fly on the wall at the meeting in which the R & D people pitched this idea and the marketing people jumped all over it! Maybe it all started out as a huge joke and they're doing it just to see how far they can go to get consumers to buy into it! Perhaps the joke is on the sheeples out there in consumer wasteland!

domestic goddess
2-15-12, 12:14pm
What a strange idea!! I can't think of a single man I know who would wear such a thing. You're right, Stella, that is surely the wrong target market. Though I could see buying a pair for dsil, for a joke, if they weren't so expensive. I wouldn't pay that much for jeans for me, and especially not if they were scented. I can make stinky jeans on my own.

Mrs-M
2-15-12, 12:49pm
Originally posted by Domestic Goddess.
I can make stinky jeans on my own.LOL!

JaneV2.0
2-15-12, 4:00pm
Giving new meaning to the expression "candy ass."

Gregg
2-16-12, 9:17am
What ever happened to men smelling like bourbon or cigars or diesel or even that last bastion of manliness...Stetson!!! I just checked to be sure and the jeans in my drawer smell like, well, jeans. Aspects of the 21st century are proving difficult.

puglogic
2-16-12, 11:08am
Giving new meaning to the expression "candy ass."

ROFLMAO

CathyA
2-16-12, 11:57am
LOL Gregg. Don't forget Brut.

Alan
2-16-12, 12:08pm
LOL Gregg. Don't forget Brut.
Ah, that takes me back. Brut and Hai Karate were my go to colognes during my teenage years. I was convinced that if I wore enough, girls would find me irresistable. As I got a little older, my more sophisticated self substituted Aramis, hoping to attact a more worldly and uninhibited woman.

These days, I'm more of a cigars and sweat kinda guy, and I get the same results!

puglogic
2-16-12, 12:17pm
Oh god, Hai Karate!!! That made me burst out laughing. Remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo

Alan
2-16-12, 12:19pm
Oh god, Hai Karate!!! That made me burst out laughing. Remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo
Of course I remember that. I so wanted to be that guy!

Mrs-M
2-16-12, 12:50pm
LOL, Jane, Gregg, Puglogic, and Alan! The video is a riot! Great memory, CathyA!

CathyA
2-16-12, 1:51pm
Haha.........I had forgotten about that commercial! Isn't that William Conrad's voice?
I had a boyfriend who wore Brut and I loved it. DH now wears Lagerfeld and DS wears Curve and those will always be "their" scents.
I found this list as the top 10 men's colognes of the l960's:
English Leather
Old Spice
Canoe
Hai Karate
Brut
Aqua Velva

British Sterling
Jade East
Aramis
Jovan Musk

.............."cause there's somethin' about an Aqua Velva man". haha

As far as women's cologne.......remember Emeraude? Midnight in Paris? Oh, what was that stuff in the pink bottle.....Tabu?? There were twin girls in my gym class in high school. They would never wash up after gym........but they would spray themselves heavily with Tabu. ~gag~ hahaha

Stella
2-16-12, 4:30pm
:) This thread is hilarious. I love you guys!

JaneV2.0
2-16-12, 5:19pm
OMG--English Leather. I dated someone (briefly) who must have showered in the stuff. To this day I would claw my way out of an elevator to get away from it. Shudder.

redfox
2-16-12, 6:38pm
I certainly prefer my DH to smell like a human being, not a fake scent. Neither of us use scented products, or scent-suppression products either! The most scented product we've ever had is some organic lavendar shampoo... Truly, embedding scent in clothing would have me running for the hills! And... I have several friends who are über scent-sensitive, one to the point of having life threatening reactions.

CathyA
2-16-12, 7:08pm
When we cover up our natural scents, we mess up them thar pheramones, and then marry the wrong people. :0!

fidgiegirl
2-16-12, 7:09pm
:0! is right!

Mrs-M
2-16-12, 11:18pm
Originally posted by JaneV2.0.
OMG--English Leather. I dated someone (briefly) who must have showered in the stuff. To this day I would claw my way out of an elevator to get away from it. Shudder. That's how I feel about Aqua Velva.

JaneV2.0
2-16-12, 11:22pm
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to drink Aqua Velva, according to prohibition lore my parents regaled me with in my youth. I'm pretty sure neither of them tried it, but my father did ferment pineapples in the Pacific theater.

Mrs-M
2-16-12, 11:38pm
Sadly, there's a lot of truth behind drinking Aqua Velva. A great aunt of mine worked the floor of a pharmacy for many years, and come Christmas, they'd pull next to all the floor-stock (aftershave), and put it under lock-and-key until after the New Year, because alcoholics would come in and buy it to drink it. So sad.

ginastarke
4-10-12, 11:30pm
ROFL my first thoought was "Scratch and Sniff!" Bwahahah!

HKPassey
4-16-12, 5:04pm
ROFL
What a waste of perfectly good raspberries.

I like my jeans' scent during the gardening season: eau d'horse poop

"No raspberries were harmed in the making of this scent. Only tortured petroleum molecules are employed to bring you that delicious fresh raspberry aroma..."