PDA

View Full Version : My Neighbor...

Life_is_Simple
1-23-11, 1:33pm
is insane.

It's 22F degrees out, and I just saw him walk across the street to put something into the garbage bin...

... wearing shorts and a tshirt :0!

It made me laugh. :laff:

Fawn
1-23-11, 1:36pm
Are you sure it wasn't my middle schooler walking to school? :~)

kib
1-23-11, 2:06pm
If you'd like to add to the >8) factor, it's probably 78 in his living room, which is probably also his heating bill for the week.

Life_is_Simple
1-23-11, 2:20pm
LOL, Fawn. I've seen kids dressed like that. :laff:

I don't think this guy was your middle-schooler, unless your middle-schooler is in his late 20s :D

Life_is_Simple
1-23-11, 2:22pm
Kib - Too funny :laff: . Well, they have a baby, so maybe they do keep the place hot for the baby. Who knows?

kib
1-23-11, 2:38pm
My poor child would grow a pelt. 58 and happy as a clam here. :~)

sweetana3
1-23-11, 3:22pm
Well at least I threw a coat over my nightgown and pulled shoes over my hot pink fuzzy socks before I ran out to take the garbage can to the curb at below zero weather.

I amazes me when we were overseas in the tropics that we had Tshirt/shorts on while other natives had coats, scarves, mittens, etc.

Gina
1-23-11, 3:53pm
I'm dressed like that right now too - shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals. But it's sunny here and in the low 70's.

This is the only snow in the area ----> http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char060.gif

bae
1-23-11, 4:04pm
I've only worn pants twice so far this year, and both times were to go to events that required more formal dress than my usual shorts or kilt.

Azure
1-23-11, 6:10pm
I walked the dog for 45 minutes today at 15f. I wasn't in shorts but I didn't have my long johns on either. And as I was walking I was thinking this is way better than 75-85 degrees with 80% humidity.

Gina
1-23-11, 6:23pm
I'd hate the humidity too - not sure how people survive those higher %'s. Like anything else, I guess it's what you are used to. Right now it's 33% humidity in my part of the west.

herbgeek
1-23-11, 6:40pm
I used to work with someone who fancied himself a real athlete, and made it his schtick to wear shorts all year round to work. Yes, even though its below freezing for at least 4 months a year here, with snow.

Life_is_Simple
1-23-11, 7:40pm
I'm dressed like that right now too - shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals. But it's sunny here and in the low 70's.

Gina - Sure, rub it in!!:~)

Life_is_Simple
1-23-11, 7:46pm
Some of you people (including Herbgeek's former co-worker) are way tougher than I am!:D

I went out this afternoon and wore:
- leggings & jeans on the bottom
- on top: long underwear shirt + sweater + down vest + fleece jacket + lands end double-layer winter coat
- then stocking cap, knit scarf & hood on the very top :)

I was still a little cold out in the elements :laff:

Zigzagman
1-23-11, 8:09pm
I've only worn pants twice so far this year, and both times were to go to events that required more formal dress than my usual shirts or kilt.

LOL! http://www.simplelivingforum.net/images/smilies/wink%5B1%5D.png Like you, I seldom wear "long britches" and when I do they always feel "tight". But wearing a "kilt" in rural Central Texas would take "huge huevos". I actually like the idea but I suspect that my neighbors might talking about an "intervention" for my own good. http://www.simplelivingforum.net/images/smilies/shocked%5B1%5D.gif I assume commando - doesn't everyone!!

In Austin that would be cool but I fear that I would be "road kill". Keep "Rocking"!!

Ladies - a rich dude going commando in a kilt = Life is good!!

Peace

loosechickens
1-23-11, 11:56pm
it's o.k. if you live somewhere where there are always people around, but back when we lived thirteen miles from town on a dirt road where, if you were lucky, one or two cars went past per day, you quickly learned to bundle up completely before going to the mailbox, or out in the yard for any reason, in that kind of weather, because if you slipped and fell and broke your leg or were unconscious, you'd be dead before anyone came by to find you.

We had a friend up there in northern PA who fell on her way down her driveway to her mailbox and was knocked unconscious and broke her ankle, but because she had taken the precaution of dressing warmly before exiting her house, was o.k. until she regained consciousness and could crawl up the driveway and get inside to the phone.

Not really a good idea to be out, thinly dressed, in below freezing weather unless you are SURE that if something happens, other people will be around.

Charity
1-24-11, 3:55pm
Yeah Gina. Rub it in. I went home for lunch and it was 42 degrees in my house. It was so cold in my house that my cat actually acted affectionate. My furnace died. I'm glad it died today while it's a balmy 22 degrees. Friday it was -17 when I left for work.

maribeth
1-24-11, 7:12pm
My college boyfriend would play football, in shorts and a t-shirt, in the snow.

I moved to sunny Southern California first chance I got. And no, I do not miss the seasons.

janharker
1-24-11, 7:21pm
I was watching those fools playing football yesterday. The last temp that was announced in Pittsburg was -1F wind chill. Yet, there they were, being all macho. And stupid.

Reyes
1-24-11, 7:56pm
What I would do for warm weather right now!

Tenngal
1-24-11, 8:17pm
we have been so worried about our heating bill. The gas was $98 and the elec was $68. Thermostat set to 64 at night and during days we are at work. 68 when we are here. It was the coldest December and first half of Jan we've had in years. We had 7-8 inches of snow 1st week of Jan which is almost unheard of here. Seems I didn't not have too much of a reason to worry. This is higher than I would like, but I feel very lucky when I hear about my co-workers heating bills. One of them with a heat pump had a bill of almost $500 for this same period. I would have probably had the "big one."

kib
1-25-11, 12:19am
I've only worn pants twice so far this year, and both times were to go to events that required more formal dress than my usual shorts or kilt.
I was wondering if you were going around in a buttondown and undies all day. ;)