PDA

View Full Version : March Gratitude

puglogic
3-1-12, 12:13pm
March 1, and already I can't avoid gratitude :) Today I'm so, so grateful for my community (again). Word went out among the local musicians that someone was trying to put together a benefit concert to pay the veterinary expenses of some severely abused horses -- as in "can't stand up" abuse. The response was just instantaneous -- love the internet for that --- and unanimous. Brought tears to my eyes. They have done similar things to help community members afford cancer surgery, pay medical bills, and rebuild houses. I am so very lucky to be here.

SiouzQ.
3-2-12, 8:04pm
I guess I am grateful that I have somehow managed to make it through 3 very long days (no lunch) at the crazy place, being absolutely charming and gracious with my customers and managing to hold down the sales floor virtually alone for these past two days (the college students are on winter break this week so it's been kind of slow). Also fairly civil in my dealings with the owner, who is absolutely in denial and overwhelmed with the reality of the situation. So many things are falling through the cracks because there is nobody to follow up on so much of the stuff. So I just smile and placate the customers as best I can when they get antsy about repairs, special orders, etc, etc.
At this point I am only in it for the money, but nevertheless I do care about the customers...two more days until I get a day off. I CAN do it.

fidgiegirl
3-3-12, 1:04am
SiouzQ, hang in there . . .

Grateful here for my relationship with my DH. Also for my sweet snoring doggy. And very thankful that for the first weekend in four months, we are living in/working on/going to only one house!

early morning
3-3-12, 9:49am
Grateful that the terrible storms in the midwest have passed us by. Sending hopes and prayers to all those affected...

ctg492
3-3-12, 9:57am
I am so grateful this march for so many things. I am turning 51 this March and am healthy and active.

puglogic
3-6-12, 4:39pm
ctg, I just turned 50 myself.....may your birthday be wonderful!

I'm grateful for having made a new friend today. Always a good thing.

Stella
3-6-12, 11:52pm
Happy birthday ctg!

I am so overwhelmingly grateful for all of the people who have been pulling together for us lately to help us get some big projects done. I'm amazed!

I am also grateful that this pregnancy has so far been a lot easier than the last one.

JaneV2.0
3-15-12, 10:32pm
I'm thankful all the time for excellent thrifting opportunities. Today I got two lovely silk scarves (retail about $130) for less than five dollars. Shallow, thy name is Jane.

puglogic
3-16-12, 2:40am
I'm grateful that I'm still young-at-heart enough to enjoy a rock concert if I want to. We just saw Radiohead in concert and it was such a great time...I don't think I'd want to do standing room only any more, but I can still hoot n' holler from my seat with the best of them. :-)

redfox
3-16-12, 3:00am
I am grateful to just be in the world right now, no matter how crazy it seems to be. So much juice!

Plus the daffs & early iris are up, cherry trees in bloom... Spring.

SiouzQ.
3-19-12, 9:54am
I feel so good today! I had a pretty okay week at the crazy job (which is just as crazy as ever) but I made sure to take care of myself the right way by lots of walking, quitting caffeine (it's been 8 days!). The weather is beautiful here in Michigan despite the tornadoes that went through just west of me last week. I have the next two days off ; I woke up early again today, went for a walk, did all my stretching and have my driving route all mapped out for what I need to do today, which includes spending money to fill up my tank and going out to the Pinckney Recreation area for some hiking in my favorite woods!
I just can't believe how great I feel physically, even with my usual aches and pains :)

puglogic
3-19-12, 11:13am
I am grateful to be home, after several days on the road. Vacation is fine, but there's nothing like waking up in my own bed, with my dogs, my teakettle, my comfy work chair....

SiouzQ.
3-30-12, 9:05pm
Oh man, I totally rocked it at work today! Crazy, busy day, but I handled it so good. My last sale of the day was for a $3200 custom made classical guitar. I didn't let the owner get to me. Plus, I got a chance to run to the bank this afternoon and deposit my paycheck. I have somehow managed to put $890 or so in my savings account this month! Woot! I don't know how I do it sometimes. I have money to pay rent on the first, fully stocked cupboards, and no debt! I LOVE watching my savings grow ~ I have almost $16,000!!!!!!!!!!

puglogic
3-30-12, 11:33pm
Way to go, SiouzQ!!!!!