PDA

View Full Version : Substitutes for Toxic Portable Toilet Chemicals

Amaranth
3-23-12, 10:07pm
Does anyone know what are the toxic chemicals that are used in portable toilets such as are often used at large events or construction sites?

Are there any less toxic portable potty systems?

Note--already aware of regular outhouses and composting toilets. This thread is not about those.

loosechickens
3-23-12, 11:15pm
the chemicals that are commonly used are often containing chemicals such as formaldehyde, petroleum distillates and lots of harmful stuff.......here's some info for saner products:

http://www.imtek.biz/page/N/CTGY/od_por_toi

There are companies that specialize in providing environmentally safer portable toilet systems....if you just Google on something like Non toxic chemicals for portable toilets or environmentally friendly portable toilets, you'll find them.

RoseFI
3-23-12, 11:24pm
WOW - that's great!

eta: I think this one makes the "best of" imho. Ask an obscure question, almost immediately get an exact, perfect answer.

Float On
3-24-12, 9:42am
If I ever make a post saying I've come down with nasal cancer (one of the bad side effects from the chemicals in commercial toilets) you'll know it was because of all the port-o-potties I've used over 15 years of doing art shows.