PDA

View Full Version : Easter in NJ?

Tussiemussies
3-29-12, 7:18pm
Just looking for a nice outdoor place to take a walk where there would be Spring flowers etc. We had thought of going to Longwood Gardens
In PA but it is too far of a drive. We are in Northwest NJ. Any ideas?

LilyB
3-30-12, 10:34pm
There is a site called Ilovegardens.com that lists gardens by state. We're in Northwest NJ also.

Is the NJ Botonical Garden in Ringwood too far away? I haven't been there in ages but I remember it as being nice to visit.

It sounds like a lovely way to spend Easter.

catherine
3-31-12, 7:02am
How about the Rutgers Gardens in New Brunswick?

pony mom
3-31-12, 7:47pm
I'm in NW NJ too. How about Buck Gardens in Far Hills? http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/parksfacilities/buck/LJBuck.html

It's just off of 78/287 and a few miles from Route 202/206. They may even be selling plants and flowers on weekends. It's not huge but very pretty.

Not far from there is an arboretum just off Pottersville Rd. in Gladstone. Can't think of the name of it, but acres of fields and paths to walk through.

You could also try Colonial Park in Millstone. There's a rose garden there, but they're probably not in bloom yet (great dog park there too).

The Duke estate in Somerset Cty. has a small area you can walk through without a guide. The indoor formal gardens have closed permanently; they were always nice to visit.

Tussiemussies
4-2-12, 11:27pm
Thanks everyone for your replies. My DH has off now on Good Friday and so we might be able to go to more than one place. Thanks again for the information!