PDA

View Full Version : Straight from an Infomerical to my body

HappyHiker
5-3-12, 11:04am
I thought you might enjoy this "test-drive" I wrote about PajamaJeans...if you've been curious about this new fashion, like me, this review might quell your curiosity...you can tell I had fun writing it...

http://vibrantvillage.com/2012/04/28/pajamajeans-me-go-for-test-drive/

herbgeek
5-3-12, 11:17am
That was amusing- you are a great writer!

HappyHiker
5-3-12, 12:06pm
That was amusing- you are a great writer!

And YOU, Sir/Madam, are very discerning (sez me with a wicked grin and wink!)

CeciliaW
5-3-12, 12:12pm
Well written article, both funny and informative. Thanks!

HappyHiker
5-3-12, 12:36pm
Well written article, both funny and informative. Thanks!

Thank YOU! Glad you enjoyed it. It's finally come to this: I'm writing for clothes...sometimes I get free review copies of books...now if I could just write for food, I'd be all set. Oh, except for some travel...and I so LOVE writing about travel...hint to the universe...

Kestrel
5-3-12, 1:13pm
Great article ... and looks like a very interesting site! I'll be reading a lot, I think ...

crunchycon
5-3-12, 1:41pm
Nicely done. I enjoyed this very much.

Mighty Frugal
5-3-12, 1:54pm
ooohh I want a pair now!

HappyHiker
5-3-12, 2:32pm
ooohh I want a pair now!

They are better than I thought they would be--I'm such a cynic...but they are flattering and comfy. We'll see how they wash up...

Float On
5-3-12, 2:33pm
So I guess I'll stop laughing at those commercials - you made me even want to try them.

HappyHiker
5-3-12, 2:34pm
Nicely done. I enjoyed this very much.

Thanks, and let me know if there are topics you'd like to see covered...I'm thinking of expanding into frugal travel--much on my mind since I'm writing for clothes..lol.

HappyHiker
5-3-12, 2:39pm
So I guess I'll stop laughing at those commercials - you made me even want to try them.

I laughed, too, and worried that I wouldn't be able to write truthful good things about them, but not the case, fortunately.

I have received books to review that I just couldn't recommend, so opted not to review. I was taught, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." I don't practice that 100%, but I'd hate to trash a writer's book as I know how difficult it is to write. Often a book would be fine if it had the benefit of professional editing (mine included) though it's getting some quite positive reviews...there are still some typos and it could be cut down in length...wish I'd had the $$ to get a pro editor...I did the best I could on my own...

Gardenarian
5-3-12, 4:00pm
Oh, thank you for the great review! I have been wondering about these for ages. I can't wear regular jeans due to a health problem and I really miss wearing jeans. I am going to try these out (when I find a good coupon for them.) Did you get the bootcut or the skinny jeans?

BTW - I hate drawstrings, and always replace them with elastic. So much easier and comfortable!

catherine
5-3-12, 4:16pm
Adorable! As a comfort-loving, home-office worker, I'm always looking for the "from-the-bed-to-the-office-to-the-supermarket" wear.

The closest thing I've found are Old Navy yoga pants--the black fold-over style. They also have just the right amount of form and spandex to fool most people into thinking you're actually wearing something acceptable outside the bedroom or gym. I wear them everywhere and almost every day. I have five pair.

But, I just might give PajamaJeans a try! Thanks for the review, and the great read!

HappyHiker
5-3-12, 4:17pm
Mine were boot-cut--I'd love to try the straight, skinny leg variety...those would look great with long tops and tunics...(sometimes a woman just doesn't want to show her booty)...