PDA

View Full Version : MAY No-Spend Days

Nella
5-3-12, 12:41pm
Happy belated MAY Day everbody. I should have started this thread a few days ago, but I've been crazy busy getting ready for my move next month. Anybody up for a MAY No-Spend challenge? MAYbe I can get a few more days that last month which was a bit dismal for me. This month I'm going for 15 days unless MAYhem ensues! So if you're not out counting MAY flowers, join me won't you?

Nella
5-5-12, 8:50pm
Fifty views but no takers? Anybody?

rosarugosa
5-6-12, 11:51am
Hey Nella, We just want to see how well you're doing; you're setting a good example for us :)
I strive for "no unnecessary spending days," more than "no spend." I figure that things like gas and groceries are necessary, so I just try to make sure we are spending those dollars as wisely as possible. So by my standards, we are doing well so far for the month of May. All we've bought are gas, groceries, and filled a couple of prescriptions. I think we've actually had two days of zero expenditures.

rosarugosa
5-8-12, 6:59pm
Gas yesterday and a loaf of bread today. So still just 2 no-spend days, but 6 acceptable expenditure days.

rosarugosa
5-9-12, 7:04pm
Today was a no-spend day, so that's 3.

rosarugosa
5-10-12, 8:18pm
Just bread today. We eat a lot of bread!
Tomorrow will have a significant outlay because we'll be buying fancy groceries and flowers for Mother's Day brunch.