PDA

View Full Version : Frost damage to apple blossoms?

razz
5-3-12, 8:35pm
It seems that the very early warm weather brought out the blossom too early and then the frosts have done their damage to the blossom in local orchards. There is some effort going on to find out just how severe the loss will be.
My fruit trees are hit hard with few blooms remaining.
Any other areas get hit by frost damage to fruit orchards and berry farms?

CathyA
5-4-12, 7:58am
I can't address the fruit trees, but my regular trees (whose leaves were killed by the freeze) are putting out new leaves. Maybe your fruit trees will do the same?

razz
5-4-12, 7:25pm
I can't address the fruit trees, but my regular trees (whose leaves were killed by the freeze) are putting out new leaves. Maybe your fruit trees will do the same?

The leaves are coming out fine but the blossoms are finis. I got all the ingredients required for protecting the fruit organically from pests and now there won't be fruit to make it worthwhile.
We need a smiley with tears as the sad face just isn't enough.

CathyA
5-4-12, 8:27pm
That's a real bummer razz. I don't think you're alone this year. I think lots of people suffered losses from the early heat, then freezes.
I'm really sorry for your loss. I guess you'll just have to take good care of the trees and look forward to next year. (((hugs)))