PDA

View Full Version : Decluttering and Christmas

sweetana3
1-27-11, 3:19pm
We have no kids and have not put up a tree in over 10 years. I am spending this afternoon getting rid of a lot (not all) of the excess Xmas decorations. If I cannot remember who gave it to me and I do not love it, out it goes.

Some of this stuff was just to fill the tree or was made by mom-in-law. She will never notice so I dont need to keep it for her or hubby. So far one big tote box full is decluttered and I have more to go. Good thing I checked because there was some small amount of damage.

Since hubby has been gone, I have decluttered and organized all our DVDs, sorted a car full of stuff for the trift store, cleaned the desk out, cleaned the linen closet out, and sorted a 4 drawer lineal file cabinet that was so full you could not put anything else in it. Still have a little to do there but now I know where most everyting is located. Oh, and filed or tossed 2 years worth of paper caused by no one wanting to file. Also sorted those pesky breeding plastic containers and lids.

I feel good.:)

janharker
1-27-11, 7:24pm
I'll bet you feel light as a feather. Good for you.

Gina
1-27-11, 7:33pm
Great work! I didn't decorate too much this year for the holidays, but still have boxes of stuff. I need to go through it all and would love get rid of those things that I don't love or have great sentimental value. Always hard to do chores like that.

Er... if you have time, do you want to sort through mine too? ;)

sweetana3
1-27-11, 9:39pm
All my friends have asked me to help. I am available and brutal. In fact, getting more brutal all the time. Next is clothes. Just more time consuming since I have to try many of them on.

I would love to have Martha Stewart closets but it is so difficult.

I found 6?? new decks of cards in 3 different locations in the house and today while talking to a friend found a home for all the extra paperclips I found in the desk.