PDA

View Full Version : Good afternoon from the NE part of the USA

small & friendly
5-17-12, 3:17pm
How do you do to all. My name is 'small & friendly' in honor of the tiny space in which I live. It is extremely small, but, I hope, friendly. I found my way here via the Miss Minimalist blog. So far I'm enjoying reading what many of you have posted and eventually hope to have something of my own to contribute to the conversation. :)

rosarugosa
5-17-12, 6:51pm
Welcome, Small & Friendly! I am a small person who lives in a very small place near Boston, and I try to be friendly as well. I look forward to getting to know you. I think you'll enjoy it here; there are lots of nice people who are quite generous with their wisdom and friendship.

Gardenarian
5-17-12, 6:53pm
Nice to meet you!

artist
5-17-12, 8:52pm
Welcome to the group.

I'm living in a somewhat small space in Southern New Hampshire.
:)

Float On
5-18-12, 10:27am
Welcome! We're glad you are here! I hope you will share more about your tiny space.

iris lily
5-18-12, 10:39am
I am not very small and am not particularly friendly, so lord knows we need people here who ARE those things! ha ha! Welcome!

catherine
5-18-12, 10:59am
Welcome! I'm from the NE, too! Thanks for joining!

Selah
5-18-12, 1:25pm
Welcome, Small and Friendly! I'll bet having a small house in a place with very cold winters and very hot summers comes in handy with regards to utilities. We look forward to hearing from you.

Bronxboy
5-18-12, 3:06pm
I am not very small and am not particularly friendly, so lord knows we need people here who ARE those things! ha ha! Welcome!
I'm small only when compared to an NFL offensive lineman and live with a small family in an average-sized suburban house. But I'm usually friendly when not overcome by introversion:|(.

Glad to welcome you, Small and Friendly!

small & friendly
5-22-12, 12:00am
Welcome, Small and Friendly! I'll bet having a small house in a place with very cold winters and very hot summers comes in handy with regards to utilities. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for the welcome, Selah, and everyone else. I must clarify that my living space is a miniscule apartment, consisting of a living/dining/sleep room, a kitchen and bathroom and a storage area in the hall outside my apartment. When I say small, honey, I mean "small"! lol.
The walls are uninsulated so winters tend to be bitterly cold and even this small space is horrendously expensive to heat. But the upside of this is, the walls are extrememly thick and I seldom use the air conditioner because the building stays relatively cool, even in very hot weather. That's only on the first floor, of course. I think my second floor neighbors either bake or run their air conditioners continuously. (:

I love to read and learn about everything under the sun. I cook from scratch, can (hot water bath and pressure can), bake (especially cookies), knit, love to drive in my car (that's my one extravagance because gas is so very expensive, I know), I've tried doing some writing and have a number of short stories and a novel half way done.
Okay, don't want to bore you. I'm just glad to find this forum and hope to enjoy this 'neighborhood' for a long time.
Have a good evening, all.
small & friendly ;)
p.s. just wanted to add I'm really into photography, too and constantly take pictures of ordinary, every day objects and activities. That's why I tend to add pictures to my posts.