PDA

View Full Version : Rib Recipe

Anne Lee
1-27-11, 10:40pm
This thread is one I should have kept but didn't on the old board. Please share your rib recipes again as I will probably be making ribs here soon.

Hattie
1-28-11, 1:33am
Best Barbecued Ribs

Cut 2 lbs pork spareribs or loin back ribs in 2 large pieces. Simmer, covered in water to cover until tender, about 40 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, prepare sauce:

In saucepan, combine ¼ cup ketchup, 2 tbsp. chili sauce, 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tbsp. butter or margarine, 1 tbsp. chopped onion. Add 2 tsp. prepared mustard, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, dash of garlic salt, and 2 thin lemon slices (or a bit of lemon juice). Bring mixture to boiling; remove from heat.

Grill hot ribs over medium to low coals about 10 to 15 minutes on each side, brushing often with sauce. OR place ribs in shallow pan (lined with foil); pour sauce over. Bake at 350 º for 25 minutes, basting with sauce occasionally. Makes 2 servings.

lhamo
1-28-11, 4:01am
I haven't tried these yet, but I generally like this blog's recipes:

http://appetiteforchina.com/recipes/korean-braised-short-ribs-kalbi-jjim

lhamo

Gregg
2-3-11, 10:24am
I have a smoker so generally smoke racks of pork ribs over apple wood, low heat, for about 6 hours with a light dry rub. Rub is garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper and just a touch of Old Bay. Then I take the racks off the smoker, slather them with a light layer of (your favorite) BBQ sauce mixed with a little bourbon and apple cider vinegar and finish them uncovered in the oven at about 250*. I like ribs to be a little chewy, to have to work just a little to get the meat off the bone rather than have it fall off, so it doesn't take long in the oven. If you like them to fall apart just cover them with foil in the oven and leave them in a little longer. The sauce forms kind of a glaze with that lower heat. Serve 'em up with more sauce and favorite sides.

Gregg
2-3-11, 10:27am
Forgot to say, if you don't have a smoker you can put ribs on a rack in a roasting pan, drop a few wood chips in the bottom, add a little water, cover with foil and cook for around two hours at 300*.

Alan
2-3-11, 11:16am
In an effort to keep things simple, I've developed Alan's tried and true method of preparing ribs. I ususally prepare two racks of ribs at a time, first removing the membrane from the underside, then rub salt, pepper, mustard powder & paprika on each side. Cut each rack into thirds, then place on a rack in a large roasting pan (with a half cup or so of water in the bottom), cover with foil and place in a 275 degree oven for approximately 3 hours.
After removing from oven, put them on the grill at about 300 degrees for about 10 minutes or so per side, brushing on your favorite sauce while grilling.

This method results in a nearly fall off the bone tenderness. If you like it a little more chewy, lessen the time in the oven.

Edited to add:
My wife says they're nearly orgasmic, which I take as high praise!