PDA

View Full Version : A Prayer Needed

SiouzQ.
5-25-12, 10:22pm
My beautiful sober daughter will be putting her beloved 14 year old Felix the Cat down tomorrow morning, as he is very ill. Please give a moments thought to a girl and her special pet on a very difficult day, as it will be a intense challenge to her sense of equilibrium. Her grandma will be going with her to the vet because I CANNOT get out of work. She has made good solid plans to get through the rest of the day. I do have faith she will be able to work through it but, as we all know how very hard it is, a special prayer to help her through it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

fidgiegirl
5-25-12, 10:33pm
Will be thinking of her!

mtnlaurel
5-25-12, 10:52pm
Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

domestic goddess
5-25-12, 11:30pm
Prayers going up.

iris lily
5-26-12, 12:08am
OMG. hey, I am not a praying person but I will send positive thoughts toward your daughter, her cat, her grandmother, and all of you for taking care of this kitty and remaining strong. 14 is a good age. I hope she will celebrate that life! And then, when the time is right and she can provide a stable home, I hope that she will go out and adopt a kitty who needs a home.

Rosemary
5-26-12, 3:52am
Sending healing and loving thoughts to your daughter at this difficult time. She will have special memories of her kitty friend forever.

razz
5-26-12, 7:00am
I will keep her wrapped in loving thoughts today.

leslieann
5-26-12, 10:35am
I am sending a wish that she can find a way to hold the loving memories without always falling into the emotional pain of the loss. Good griefwork seems to be about being able (over time) to separate those two things. Peace to your daughter, your extended family, and of course to the cat....fourteen is a lot of good cat years.

Selah
5-26-12, 10:40am
14 years is a good run for a cat, but of course it's never anything but painful to lose a loved four-legged member of the family. Prayers for healing being sent your and your daughter's way.

JaneV2.0
5-26-12, 10:56am
Your daughter has given Felix the gift of a much-loved life, and now she'll be releasing him from pain. Good for her. And if she can see her way to rescuing another cat or two in the future, all the better. Having a suffering animal put down is bittersweet; my thoughts are with you all.

SteveinMN
5-26-12, 7:39pm
I can't add any more to what's already been said. Peace...

rosarugosa
5-26-12, 8:33pm
Hey SiouxQ:
Another non-praying person, but a serious cat person here - sending thoughts of love and peace to your dear daughter and Felix.
it is so painful, isn't it? But better to have loved and lost . . .

danna
5-26-12, 8:56pm
SiouxQ
Sending prayers and good thoughts to you all.....

SiouzQ.
5-26-12, 9:26pm
Thank you all. I just spoke to her; she was supposed to take him to the vet for a 9:30.appointment this morning, but when the time came to put him in the car, the cat was hiding somewhere in the house. She had to cancel that appointment until she was able to find him. She finally found him later in the day when her best friend came over and they then took him in. The poor thing was skin and bones with a tumor at this point; she was very clear with herself on needing to do this now. Her father, with whom she lives, wasn't emotionally able to go with her to the vet so her best friend went with her. She said they gave him lots of love and gentle petting and he went peacefully with a happy cat smile on his face. My heart aches because it brings up the feelings of loss for my cat Smokey, who I had to put down two years ago this summer. I miss him so much...I'm thinking in the fall I might be ready to bring another cat into my life when things job-wise start to settle down. I really miss having a furry beast around! At least my daughter still has her other kitty, Nessie, to cuddle with.