PDA

View Full Version : Ebay/Tradera

simple living life
6-10-12, 6:51pm
hi here in sweden we have Tradera. www.tradera.se
you have Ebay. www.ebay.com
whats your latest prchase? how much?
tell your story!
my latest finding was a dress for 1.39 USD + freight.

Merski
6-11-12, 7:02am
Hey there and welcome!
We (and you) also have etsy.com to buy and sell on. I bought last christmas a porcelain handmade bluebird (a symbol of my mother) for not very much but mostly I sell.

simple living life
6-11-12, 7:06am
Hey there and welcome!
We (and you) also have etsy.com to buy and sell on. I bought last christmas a porcelain handmade bluebird (a symbol of my mother) for not very much but mostly I sell.
hi there! have never heard of etsy (take a look)
i mostly buy on Tradera,and you can buy there too,most of the selers sells to international!
but the prices you have to convert of course because they stand in swedish.
when i have sell on tradera,i have been god at seling magazines like "lantliv"

Float On
6-11-12, 9:22am
I haven't bought or sold on Ebay.
I use Craigslist to buy/sell.
I sell (and occassionally buy) on Etsy.

kitten
6-11-12, 3:29pm
I've sold some things on eBay - more inclined to buy than sell, because it's been a place for me to unload stuff I shouldn't have bought in the first place in my efforts to declutter.

I was on there pretty regularly a couple of years ago and had some good luck selling a bunch of handbags. Recently I went back with more items to sell (this time jewelry) and was surprised at the changes. It seems like it's just such a huge place now, and much harder to get attention. My unadorned listings got just a handful of views even after a couple of days. So I started paying more for boldings and better placement, more photos, etc. So this time it was more expensive for me just to get to zero.

Lots of admin pressure from the eBay site itself, too - they're urging me to offer free shipping as a way of luring more bidders. But free shipping cuts into my profits of course, which are already going to be neglible, so I'm a little annoyed at their constant reminders.

And I never did get many views on my items this time - very few bidders, and few early ones, so that thing that's supposed to happen where people are furiously bidding on your stuff all week and driving up the price, just didn't happen for me. Everybody waits until the last hour, and then I feel like I'm giving my stuff away for a song.

Lots of competition from people who really know what they're doing - very organized. And I just can't seem to do whatever it is they're doing to get the sales they get! Envious of anyone who can make it worth their time!

SteveinMN
6-12-12, 10:47pm
Lots of competition from people who really know what they're doing - very organized. And I just can't seem to do whatever it is they're doing to get the sales they get!
In the past few years, eBay really has gone all out to capture the big sellers, letting the onesy-twoesy sellers fall by the wayside. There's much more profit for eBay from seller with hundreds/thousands of listings, and the volume sales these sellers enjoy allow them to go for more noticeable listings, free shipping, and the like.

Personally, I don't lik the change that much. eBay used to be an auction site which happened to have an international reach. Now it's more like a big odd-lots store with a few surprises stashed away in back corners. I still use eBay to sell stuff that has more specialized interest and will buy items which I want/need quickly and cheaply (e.g., a replacement charger for the cell phone after the vacuum ate the existing one). But I much prefer selling on craigslist (though that site is starting to suffer under the weight of endless fraudulent postings).