PDA

View Full Version : Waldo Canyon fire

redfox
6-30-12, 7:13pm
http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2012/06/photos-waldo-fire-aerial-photos-by-the-denver-post-staff/38644/#ixzz1zIvIeXh8

This blew my mind. I sure hope the larger community reaches out to embrace all these folks...

Nella
6-30-12, 9:33pm
They will, and already have. I've just moved from Colorado and have friends who live very close to Waldo Canyon in the Springs, and there is a lot being done for the residents. Really, the best thing to do is to donate to a reputable charity. Let the folks like Red Cross and others do what they do best by helping with financial support.

puglogic
7-1-12, 9:27am
There's a massive outpouring of support for the fire victims in Colorado, and it's really heartening. For example, there is a community board where people can post if they a) need a place to stay temporarily (with pets, kids, etc.) or b) have a place they'd be willing to share, or c) have/need things like work, food, clothes, etc. There are hundreds of people offering shelter, company, transportation, help of all kinds. It's lovely to see.

Tussiemussies
7-1-12, 10:06am
So sorry for the people and animals there...