PDA

View Full Version : Walk this way

Bootsie
1-31-11, 12:54am
I'm planning a hiking trip out west for next fall. I figure I have several months to get in shape since we'll be doing some serious hiking. I know I'll feel great once I start getting back into shape and I know I'll enjoy taking walks in preparation for the trip....but I'm resisting it. The first step is the hardest!

Today I had an Aha! moment. I used to have a blog and enjoyed it, but stopped blogging for a variety of reasons. Today I got the idea to blog about walking. Hey, it's worth a shot.

I'm posting about this with the hopes that if someone besides me knows about my idea, I'm more likely to keep it up. So if you want to peek at the blog now and then and see if I'm walking or falling on my face or sitting on my butt, here's where to go: http://www.bootsiewalker.blogspot.com

Leelee
1-31-11, 2:11am
Hi Bootsie, good luck with getting prepared for the hiking trip! I started a new job in December and I mentioned that I love hiking on my CV. My new boss goes on some serious walks and has invited me to join him and some other colleagues on one of the hikes. My only problem is that my CV was in need of an update - I haven't been on any walks in ages.....

I do however walk to and from the train station every day and the return journey is quite a steep climb and I'm feeling the benefit of my daily walk already! I'm hoping this will pull me into shape so that I'll be able to keep up when we go for the hike!!!

Love your blog, wouldn't you just love to know where that yellow door leads :-)

Bootsie
1-31-11, 10:32am
Hi Bootsie, good luck with getting prepared for the hiking trip! I started a new job in December and I mentioned that I love hiking on my CV. My new boss goes on some serious walks and has invited me to join him and some other colleagues on one of the hikes. My only problem is that my CV was in need of an update - I haven't been on any walks in ages.....

That is hilarious, Leelee! Well, one foot in front of the other up the steep hills that we both have in our neighborhoods - soon enough we'll return to our walking and hiking days.

And thanks for stopping by the blog.

Float On
1-31-11, 11:41am
What a great plan! I use to lead 10 day backpacking trips in Colorado. I try to imagine the current 'me' doing that again and it's a scary thought. What happened to that ol' backpacking 'me'??

reader99
2-5-11, 10:03pm
The thread title made me think of the old Groucho Marx bit where the sexy nurse calls him back to the exam room saying "walk this way" and walking ahead of him all slinky. He says, "If I could walk that way I wouldn't need the talcum powder."

Mrs-M
2-6-11, 3:12pm
What a super duper idea! Sending you a little added encouragement and energy to succeed in your endeavor. I'll be checking up on you! :)