PDA

View Full Version : Back after a few months away

Stacy
7-6-12, 12:10pm
Hi all, I'm not new, but I kinda drifted away from the group a few months ago. Things got hectic here at home, with a bathroom renovation taking over the house for a few months and my starting up a small crafts business. My ideas have also changed in terms of what I consider a simple life in the way I want to live it. I had been thinking about buying some land up north and doing some homesteading, to become completely self-sufficient and live a simple rural life. But I've come to realize that I like the community I live in, and also, I like living in town. So we're hoping to eventually buy the house we're currently renting, provided that all goes well, and continue to live pretty much the way we are now. Except that I hope to find ways to simplify my life even more and to really focus on the things that are the most important to me.

Tussiemussies
7-6-12, 12:14pm
Hi Stacy, I'm a long-timer on the boards but was away for awhile so I didn't get to cat at all with you before.
Sounds like you know what your goals are now and you'll be working on getting there. Good luck with your new plans!

Stacy
7-6-12, 12:35pm
Hi Tussiemussies,
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I think I fell in love with the idea of a simple rural life, but I've come to realize that in my case, leading a simple life means starting where I am. I'm keeping the parts I like (like being within walking distance to stores, the library, and our lovely riverfront park), and I'm shedding the parts I don't need (clutter in all areas of life).

fidgiegirl
7-6-12, 12:39pm
Stacy, this way of looking at simple living isn't new to me in feeling, but the words are. Love them. Glad you were able to make it back.

I'm keeping the parts I like (like being within walking distance to stores, the library, and our lovely riverfront park), and I'm shedding the parts I don't need (clutter in all areas of life).

gimmethesimplelife
7-6-12, 1:03pm
Hi Tussiemussies,
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I think I fell in love with the idea of a simple rural life, but I've come to realize that in my case, leading a simple life means starting where I am. I'm keeping the parts I like (like being within walking distance to stores, the library, and our lovely riverfront park), and I'm shedding the parts I don't need (clutter in all areas of life).That's the big one for me, shedding the parts I don't need - clutter in all areas of my life. Just getting rid of that right there makes a huge difference to me.....Rob