PDA

View Full Version : Consumerism & Media Forum?

Gingerella72
1-31-11, 10:54am
Why is the Consumerism and Media forum now requiring a password to use it....and what is the password? I tried my log in password and that didn't work.

SiouzQ.
1-31-11, 10:55am
I was wondering about that too....

Alan
1-31-11, 11:10am
It likely that one of the administrators made a mistake in applying rights to that forum. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to fix it.

There's also a problem with a thread in the "Request for Interviews" forum. It is most likely spam and in an attempt to move or hide it, users can see its listing but don't have the appropriate rights to view the thread.

I'd chalk it up to experiencing a learning curve in the new forum's administration.

WorldFoodie
1-31-11, 2:59pm
Yes Gingerella I had the same problem. I also noticed that it was "empty" and sent loosechickens a note, but no answer so far.

loosechickens
1-31-11, 8:24pm
WELL.....darned if I know. I can get in just fine, but perhaps that's because I'm enabled as a moderator. I will put a thread in the moderator's forum, and hopefully one of the more technically proficient ones can unlock it for you.

I think Alan is probably right, because I am the moderator on that forum, and earthshepherd has been fiddlding today with my administrator rights, because I find myself locked out of the Admin place where we separate out spammers from general new members. I was trying to help out with that very considerable job, but the system wouldn't let me in. It's completely possible in tweaking MY abilities to get in places, she inadvertently did this.

I'll get right on it......sorry folks......the learning curve HAS been pretty steep trying to learn to navigate the new system, particularly in the "back room" areas of the administrator world, and most of us are still feeling our way, and I, in particular, am still wandering around in the dark.......

loosechickens
1-31-11, 8:34pm
World Foodie......After seeing your post here in this thread, I checked my private messages and also my email and there are no messages at all in either. How did you try to contact me?

loosechickens
1-31-11, 8:39pm
Thanks, Alan, for the head's up on the Request for Interviews thread......it was a spam post that had been moved to the spam graveyard by moderators, but somehow that was still there. I've gone in and completely deleted it.

I DID manage to fix that, but am completely mystified as to how you guys have lost access to the Consumerism and Media forum.......hope one of the more knowledgable ones will be on soon and figure out how to get it back.

Alan
1-31-11, 9:10pm
Normally, you need to assign access levels to individual forums. They should be set to 'Public'. It looks like you've got that one set to Admin only or perhaps to something along the lines of Invitation Only.

Crystal
1-31-11, 9:13pm
I think it is fixed. Can you all get in there now?

Alan
1-31-11, 9:16pm
Yes.

Crystal
1-31-11, 9:17pm
Yes.

Yay!!!

WorldFoodie
2-1-11, 9:21pm
Good, the board is back. LC-I went into your profile and left it on your wall-I can still see it.