PDA

View Full Version : Price of coffee possibly doubling

pinkytoe
1-31-11, 1:43pm
DH is a food buyer and yesterday his coffee vendor said they will be doubling the price within the year due to rapidly escalating wholesale cost and skyrocketing demand across the globe. Just a heads up for you coffee lovers. Like gasoline, it has been cheap and good for a long time, but the times they are a changing.

Bootsie
1-31-11, 2:42pm
Noooooooooooooooooooo! But, I'll pay whatever it takes.

Gina
1-31-11, 4:06pm
If the price for coffee gets too high, I would expect tea prices to also rise as some people switch their morning caffiene drink. Just a guess however.

Crystal
1-31-11, 4:41pm
A friend said she gave up coffee awhile back in favor of water and her health has improved. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet, but if the price of coffee and tea goes up -- well, lots of dandelions in my yard.

puglogic
1-31-11, 10:57pm
Crystal, have you ever done the dandelion root thing, or the chicory thing? I'm intrigued by that.....watched the video and now I'm wishing I had more dandelions... I've taken the first step and gotten off caffeine, but still love the taste of coffee. Oh well. I know I'll have to learn to live with a lot of other things being priced into the "rare luxuries" category: bananas, chocolate, some spices, coffee, tea.....