PDA

View Full Version : Barnyard aka driveway declutter!

redfox
7-16-12, 4:47pm
What a weekend. Major driveway purge... it's where we keep all our project construction materials, some of which have been around for several years. It's also where we keep our firewood. It felt so darn good to haul all the useless remnants of construction, hard & landscape projects away.

It's so sadly obvious that we're the neighborhood DIY hippies who hail from rural living... I am amazed that no one has complained to the HOA. And of course, we cleared space for the next round of raw materials to be delivered... the patio! Woo hoo.

Tussiemussies
7-16-12, 9:30pm
It does feel good when you clear out an area and sometimes I feel like I can breathe there again...

iris lily
7-17-12, 12:13am
Just a few weeks ago DH cleaned off the patio of fencing materials that had been stored there for two years. I am enjoying the neatness and empty space as well.

I invite everyone over to our house. This is the first time in 23 years that the front porch area, the living room, the kitchen, and the patio and backyard look reasonably "done." Please come now, right now, because in a year or two it will have all gone to h*ll.:~)

goldensmom
7-17-12, 6:34am
Congratulations on a purge completed. Most farms have some sort of ‘junk/debris’ pile as an accepted part of the farm operation but I desire a ‘pristine’ farm environment and take care of debris ASAP (i.e. burn pile, scrap metal/recycle). We have been working on demolishing a no longer used, old cement manger and silo by hand for years but decided to bring in excavating equipment to do it right and get it done. The eyesore is gone and life is good.