PDA

View Full Version : New Blog for Innermost House

Amaranth
7-19-12, 11:48am
Friends of Innermost House has set up a blog:
http://www.innermosthouse.blogspot.com/

So far they have threads on the fireplace, natural decor and gifts, and music.

Gardenarian
7-19-12, 12:36pm
I had never heard of Innermost house - very beautiful!

catherine
7-19-12, 2:07pm
Yes, I've seen this, thanks to you guys, (was it lhamo who first posted about Diane Lorence?) Love it!! She is such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Sissy
7-20-12, 4:03pm
I am so there. oh, I am sure you knew this? :doh:

Florence
7-21-12, 10:32pm
I had never heard of Innermost House. The photos of the house are so beautiful! It will take me a while to read through all the reflections. I am looking forward to spending some time doing just that.

Stacy
7-29-12, 12:08pm
Amaranth- Thank you for posting this! I had seen Innermost House on the documentary We The Tiny House People, but it was just one of many interesting houses they showed. I really didn't *get* it until I looked at the blog and website. I have to say that Innermost House has been such an inspiration to me for the past few days. Between shifts at work, I've enjoyed a few quiet days of reading the blog posts and the reflections and thinking about how I want my own ideal life to be. Not exactly the same way the Lorences do it, but something that will fit me and my family.

try2bfrugal
7-29-12, 1:20pm
I saw the video originally at the faircompanies.com web site and thought it was really cool. While I would not go to the extreme of living without electricity, it certainly does seem like a low stress, low cost life and certainly more in the direction we want to move to.

Mrs-M
7-29-12, 8:24pm
Wonderful. Courtesy of this forum, I still carry with me the first image and indoor setting of, Innermosthouse.

iris lily
7-30-12, 9:50am
That little house is beautiful, but I find that library non-simple. They are clearly obsessed with the physical book form. Well, I suppose they may not have web connectivity out there in their mountain cabin. But I would not choose to devote so much space to old books were that me.