PDA

View Full Version : soap nuts

larknm
7-26-12, 9:09pm
These come off trees and work great for laundering. I first got them for their not being allergenic, but realized too they're environmentaly good.

Tussiemussies
7-27-12, 8:37pm
I saw on Facebook where someone tested the same piece of material into three strips. One was washed with regular detergent, one with soap nuts and one with her homemade detergent. Then she showed the results side-by-side. The homemade detergent won out. It really did look cleaner.

awakenedsoul
7-27-12, 10:34pm
That makes me feel better. I make my own laundry detergent. I've always been curious about soap nuts, too. Have heard good things.

larknm
7-31-12, 4:43pm
I'm allergic to the washing soda in the homemade laundry detergent recipes I've seen. Anyone know of anything good without it?

ctg492
7-31-12, 7:41pm
I tried soap nuts about 5 years ago. Not to impressed, plus the cost was a great amount. How about the cost now?

Jana
8-2-12, 3:59pm
I´ve also heard of soap nuts, but I never tried them. my mom always buys some amazing, very cheap sports detergnent and we´re very pleades with it.
But I´d like to know how making one´s own detergnent works and if it really makes dirty clothes clean agein.