PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in July?

CJLev
7-27-12, 3:45pm
So my wife loves to celebrate Christmas in July. She has a big dinner for some close by family/friends, decorates the house and plays Christmas music. Is this a really popular thing? I've always thought it was a little strange, but I've just come to accept it. So, who else celebrates this?

Tussiemussies
7-27-12, 6:26pm
Hi CJ I have heard of this along the way. My Mom had a nice camper stationary in a campground where they would celebrate this every year. Think some people do this for the fun of it but it's just another way to spend more money!

redfox
7-27-12, 6:39pm
Omg... I detest it in December! Cannot imagine wanting to do this obscene overspending nonsense twice a year...

rosarugosa
7-27-12, 7:17pm
Welcome CJ! I'm totally with Redfox on this one, but I think if your DW enjoys it and it makes her happy and it doesn't make you miserable, well then go for it!

goldensmom
7-27-12, 7:41pm
I think about it, play Christmas music and watch a Christmas movie or 2. I do it to get my mind off of the intense heat of summer for a few hours. No one I know would want to celebrate a July Christmas but I don’t think it is odd, I see it as a theme party in the summer.

IshbelRobertson
7-27-12, 7:55pm
Once a year, I LOVE it... more than that? Nope!