PDA

View Full Version : if you meditate and are in Colorado

Zoe Girl
7-30-12, 8:44pm
I am going to the movie theater site (I am driving by tomorrow to make sure I know exactly where) to meditate on Thursday night at 7 pm. I will put up a sign and plan on sitting for 30 minutes followed by a short offering of metta. You are welcome to come, experience or not. Bring something good to sit on, a cushion, blanket for underneath, camping chair.

Namaste

Tussiemussies
7-30-12, 9:32pm
Namaste to you Zoe Girl...

chord_ata
8-2-12, 4:21pm
Why a private proerty site (movie theatre) instead of a public space, such as a park?

Just curious

iris lily
8-2-12, 9:33pm
Why a private proerty site (movie theatre) instead of a public space, such as a park?

Just curious

I think she means the movie theatre that was the site of the Aurora shooting.

Zoe Girl
8-3-12, 8:53am
The vigil site for the movie theater shooting is across the street in a vacant lot that is pretty much just dirt (okay a few prairie dogs I saw). People have put up signs, pictures, flowers, teddy bears. really a lot of stuff. So now if you go it will also have tibetan prayer flags put up. I went last night and put those up with garden stakes, the wind gets really strong there so I hope they will stay okay. Then i sat for 30 minutes in meditation. No one bothered me, it is a place for quiet reflection although there were kids as well.

puglogic
8-3-12, 7:37pm
Bless you, Zoe Girl.

chord_ata
8-5-12, 5:26pm
I can be so dense at times.

RosieTR
8-5-12, 6:02pm
I hope that was helpful for your grieving process, ZoeGirl. Sending best wishes your way.

winterberry
8-10-12, 11:20pm
What a wonderful thing to do!