PDA

View Full Version : August Gratitude

puglogic
8-3-12, 7:39pm
Thinking today how glad I am that my back has healed, my dog has healed, my husband is healING, and just how magical it is that our bodies fix themselves, given enough time and tenderness. Miraculous, really.

Tussiemussies
8-3-12, 7:45pm
So glad for you pug that you are all in recovery mode!

fidgiegirl
8-3-12, 9:37pm
Yes pug, it is truly amazing. So glad this is something you can now be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my Dad today. He came allllllllll day to work on putting in under-counter lighting in our kitchen. Of course, being an old house, they hit a snag, and that delayed them several hours. He lives an hour away and will be coming back tomorrow. So generous. I will need to think of a yummy lunch! Maybe some steaks are in order! And of course we'll have to stock the Dew. ;)

puglogic
8-7-12, 12:28pm
I'm losing weight, feeling better, and enjoying life more this week than last, for whatever reason (exercise, meditation, and green smoothies are helping, I think) I'm thankful that I still have the power to affect my health by doing the right things.

ctg492
8-7-12, 4:34pm
I am so thankful for my son being clean almost 10 months now, working and golfing. Yes the body can heal in so many ways.

puglogic
8-11-12, 12:02am
Raining again. Oh, so beautiful. Everything here is so parched....

Tussiemussies
8-11-12, 12:14am
Raining again. Oh, so beautiful. Everything here is so parched....

Glad for you pug logic!:)

puglogic
8-14-12, 12:51pm
Planted more fruit trees yesterday, in some kind of masochistic optimism (they don't typically do well where we live...weather, wildlife, etc.) But I couldn't resist the thought that one perfect summer I might enjoy a fresh, just-picked Honey Crisp apple, or an apricot warm from the sun. Grateful I still have the ability to try things like that!

Azure
8-14-12, 4:06pm
So grateful that I am able to do my new job and handle the hours on my feet because my plantar fascitis is almost completely gone. Only twinges now and then. Hooray!

Azure
8-16-12, 5:08pm
Grateful for a new grand-niece born very early this morning!
Grateful for rain & a cooler temperature. And for a basement that no longer gets wet every time it rains.

artist
8-16-12, 6:59pm
Grateful for my husband. For a vet who makes housecalls and the ability to remat my work for the show I have coming up in October. Grateful that my son will be home for one day before heading back to college.

puglogic
8-16-12, 8:49pm
Grateful to work for myself. Though I am a stern taskmaster sometimes.

Tussiemussies
8-16-12, 9:45pm
Grateful that I have a great friend in a woman named Nancy, she is moving away on Saturday, but I'm just so glad I have had the chance to spend some time with her over the last few years. She is the kindest, sweetest person one could know. I will really miss her...

Azure
8-19-12, 12:06pm
Grateful that Ian arrived safely home. 4 1/2 hours late but safely!

Grateful that the text from Tyler this am sounds like he is getting past his freshman fears.

Grateful to have a lazy day today.

Azure
8-23-12, 6:41pm
Grateful to have been able to speak to Tyler last night. He sounded so much cheerier than the last time. And I am proud that he worked out some differences he was having with his section leader by himself.

puglogic
8-23-12, 7:54pm
Thanking the heavens for the new work that has found its way to me over the past few days. Too many clients to handle, but I'll find a way. It has been a little sluggish lately and I was getting worried...

Azure
8-29-12, 4:19pm
Grateful for some gorgeous summer days!